Ebay fail...:( so Suzy is still for sale....

A place to advertise all vehicles for sale
dougie212
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Ebay fail...:( so Suzy is still for sale....

Post by dougie212 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:25 pm

So, my eBay auction ended, and low and behold, the winner has failed to get in touch. Therefore our 51 plate Suzuki Grand Vitara is still for sale. I shall pop some pictures up when I can reduce their size, or drop me a message and I can email them to you.

Im asking for £850 and the details are straight from the listing on eBay.

For Sale is our 2001 2.0TD Suzuki Grand Vitara.

We have decided to sell as ur 3 children simply don't fit into the back any more.

The car does require some attention which I will be as honest as possible about. It drives, runs well, and has a current MOT until 12th December 2015.

It currently has 86427 miles on the clock which I consider quite low for its age and engine type. This should not increase by much at all, as we are not using the car anymore.

I shall start with the issues I know of with the car. It drives and runs, therefore I haven't listed it as spares and repairs, but does need some attention to be tip top.

Engine Management Light is on - Ive had it checked and the garage said it was a throttle air sensor. I did have a bit of paper with the exact error code but its been mislaid, it doesn't however affect the driving of the car.
Alternator belt needs changing - its chirping a little when running
Front Bull Bar damage - Perfectly repairable, we just haven't had chance to do it. These plastic bull bars are rare on this car, and is very difficult to find a replacement, therefore well worth looking at repairing & spraying. (see pictures)
Very small oil leak - Barely noticeable on the level of the oil, we noticed a few drips on the floor. Garage believe it is the camshaft oil seal which they said was very minor, and not worth worrying about on its own.
Chip in the windscreen - A stone chip. Had it filled to prevent further cracking. Still visible but repaired.
Drivers side window button is a little temperamental. It works sometimes, then doesn't. Ive seen whole replacement units on here for £20, but again, just not got round to doing it.
The wheels are structural sound, cosmetically they would benefit from a refurb/respray.
I have misplaced the MOT certificate. A check of the VRM on the GOV.UK website will confirm the date of expiry.
The 4x4 light doesn't light up. Im told this is common and could be a pipe loose/off under the car.

Now the good points.

This car is a powerhouse of a towing machine. It has a tow bar fitted and has pulled a box trailer full of furniture with ease.
Its really economic to run and drives well in all situations, from quick school runs to long runs up the motorway.
The bodywork of the car is in good condition. There are a few scuffs here and there but nothing not to be expected of a car of its age.
Likewise with the interior. Its good, clean and all in tact.
New discs and pads were fitted to the front approximately 6 months ago.
I have just had the O/S/F spring replaced as it was broken. I purchased a pair, so I shall include the N/S/F spring with the sale ready for fitting.
Both front drop links have been replaced.
Lower control arm was replaced in December last year.
The gearbox changes smoothly and hold its gear in all gears.

We really do consider this car a part of our family, and it has been a brilliant car, it just doesn't fit 3 children well in the back.

I have been as honest as possible with the listing and have mentioned all the issues I am aware of. The car does run and drive really well.

dougie212
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Re: Ebay fail...:( so Suzy is still for sale....

Post by dougie212 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:14 pm