Help with Jonathan's Jimny

All tech relating to the newest bread of suzuki 4x4s
Anton
I spend far too much time on here

Re: What are these lines for?

Post by Anton » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:47 pm

Yup, the front wheels are permanently locked to the front halfshafts. Engaging 2wd will simply make the t-case disengage the front driveshaft, but it will still be spinning independently.
1985 SJ413VX (SJ50V) with SPOA, rear disc brakes, 31x10.5R15 Kaiman Malatesta tyres, an MOT and a lot left to do!

My: Build thread To-do list Pay and Play map

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:01 pm

Problem solved!
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

ROBBIE

Post by ROBBIE » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:23 am

Think that is needed on mine
Sid James gone but never forgotten
Jimny 1.6 not as good as an SJ but still good

Anton

Post by Anton » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:15 pm

Robbie - he's talking about getting a brand new set of AISIN freewheeling hubs from jimnybits or bits4vits or somewhere and replacing the flanges with hubs.

I'm going to look at it on Sunday, you want me to ask if he'll let you have the flanges for a couple of beer tokens?

Assuming he does get the AISIN's - he's just spent about £400 or so (from memory) on new springs and shocks, and it's got a M16a from a Swift Sport in it, that cost a few pennies... Apparently it goes like stink though...
1985 SJ413VX (SJ50V) with SPOA, rear disc brakes, 31x10.5R15 Kaiman Malatesta tyres, an MOT and a lot left to do!

ROBBIE

Post by ROBBIE » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:33 am

Anton wrote:Robbie - he's talking about getting a brand new set of AISIN freewheeling hubs from jimnybits or bits4vits or somewhere and replacing the flanges with hubs.

I'm going to look at it on Sunday, you want me to ask if he'll let you have the flanges for a couple of beer tokens?

Assuming he does get the AISIN's - he's just spent about £400 or so (from memory) on new springs and shocks, and it's got a M16a from a Swift Sport in it, that cost a few pennies... Apparently it goes like stink though...
That would be great. I got aisin hubs on mine, but one side keeps coming lose and has now snapped the spring

ROBBIE

Post by ROBBIE » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:49 am

ROBBIE wrote:
Anton wrote:Robbie - he's talking about getting a brand new set of AISIN freewheeling hubs from jimnybits or bits4vits or somewhere and replacing the flanges with hubs.

That would be great. I got aisin hubs on mine, but one side keeps coming lose and has now snapped the spring
Well have spoken to one of the other owners and he wants to keep the freewheeling hubs. So after reading your want ad, if you get some sell me a spring ;)

Anton

Post by Anton » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:44 am

I have a lot on my plate right now, MOT and blood tests and things - remind me next week to check, but I think that I already have a spare spring.

ROBBIE

Post by ROBBIE » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:01 am

Cool mate no rush :poke: :lol:

Anton

Post by Anton » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:28 pm

Does anyone know how to identify a Jimny transfer box - how to tell if a Jimny has had a minilobster or a rocklobster installed?

This Jimny is now making strange noises which seem to be coming from the t-case, and the thinking is it might be a stretched chain, but before Jonathan buys himself a rocklobster to fit, we thought it might be a good idea to work out what he already has in there!

Also, I've heard that installing an SJ t-case requires a fitting kit - anyone know what that's about and if it's difficult to build one yourself/where to buy one?

ROBBIE

Re: Help with Jonathan's Jimny

Post by ROBBIE » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:45 am

I think, but could be wrong, its the long arm doesn't match up