Ive gone and bought another one!

Got an vehicle build underway? post up pictures and tell us all how its going!

Builds threads only please.
r-nottz
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Ive gone and bought another one!

Post by r-nottz » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:41 pm

Been trolling ebay for a while looking for a few parts for my sisters Vitara.

She wanted chrome bullbars and some steps so one thing led to another and I ended up buying this for £200. (owner wanted £400 but stupidly never put a reserve on it)

It was a mot failure on front flexy brake pipe and about half hours welding.

Picked it up last night and could not believe how immaculate It is, full service history and I mean every last recipt, original receipt for purchase, tax discs mots hand books, the receipts for the bull bars, tow bar, chrome wheel cover and side steps all genuine Suzuki items that total £1100. Its done 77k and even got a full tank of fuel in it! Madness.

Bodywork is excellent not a dent on the metal at all no scratches apart from on the rear bumper were its had things put in the boot.

Only thing that lets it down is the rear part of the soft top and that's it. I've had 5-6 vitaras and never have I seen one so immaculate!!

Its that tidy I'm questioning what to do with it now, the chrome parts will be going to my sister as I'm not a fan of it but otherwise I dont know were to take it, I was going to use it as a donor or a cheap little laner while my other one is in the garage but it just seems to tidy to do that too!

I'm going to keep it, get the welding done and bang a mot on it but is it possible to turn this into a good looking offroader? Without battering it??

Also for what its worth the lad who picked it up for me is a good friend of mine he does recovery for a living and can cater to all sorts of vehicles he can also recover you if your stuck in the middle of the woods, sailsbury plain or wherever your stuck if any of you need something picking up ill send you his details.

SherwoodNash
Winching along now
Winching along now

Re: Ive gone and bought another one!

Post by SherwoodNash » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:58 pm

I know that in general this is the wrong place to put this point of view, but I'd sure like to see more of these older Zukes just kept more or less stock. They're disappearing at a rate of knots.

Great deal BTW :thumbup:

Tramp
Suzuki, will you marry me?
Suzuki, will you marry me?

Post by Tramp » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:44 pm

Get deal, great Zuke, good on you!

zook123
SCUK Addict
SCUK Addict

Post by zook123 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:57 am

All depends how you drive!!

You can offroad without damaging as such, or you can just use it like I use the Jimny!
2002 Jimny O2 Ragtop
Safari Snorkel, Freewheeling Hub Conversion
Diff Breathers, G/Box and T/Box Breathers, 2in Suspension Lift
HD Recovery Points and Winch Plate
Kuhmo KL71 MT / Goodyear Wrangler AT

Wessex 4X4 Reponse - WE411
wessex4x4response.org.uk

r-nottz
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by r-nottz » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:21 pm

I think I'm just going to put a 2" lift on it and stick a set of 31's on it same as I did with my first vitara

donkeychomp
I spend far too much time on here
I spend far too much time on here

Post by donkeychomp » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:20 pm

And perhaps locate the front number plate properly :hahaha:

Nice buy though matey!
If it ticks over...leave it

Rabid Rhino
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by Rabid Rhino » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:33 pm

SherwoodNash wrote:I know that in general this is the wrong place to put this point of view, but I'd sure like to see more of these older Zukes just kept more or less stock. They're disappearing at a rate of knots.
What he said.
Although 31s will look nice. Just hope it gets looked after. Nice summer car.

r-nottz
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by r-nottz » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:03 pm

Rabid Rhino wrote:
SherwoodNash wrote:I know that in general this is the wrong place to put this point of view, but I'd sure like to see more of these older Zukes just kept more or less stock. They're disappearing at a rate of knots.
What he said.
Although 31s will look nice. Just hope it gets looked after. Nice summer car.

It will be looked after mate, its staying fairy standard apart from tyres and lift but.thats bolt on bolt off stuff.

I've removed all the chrome as it wasn't my bag but its all being transferred to my sisters vitara so all is not lost!

r-nottz
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by r-nottz » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:49 am

So I've done a couple of things.

Was going to get a new softtop but because mine had the more rarer "pram top" style one I couldn't find a replacement, so I.tryed getting a more common vitara soft top frame but couldn't find one anywhere ( I've binned 2 of them) in the end I found a hardtop for sale in wales for £150 and had a look, condition was good but the rear needed new carpet on the top in the end got it fr £100 well happy!

I got a full 2" lift kit (springs, shock extensions, rear shocks and a couple of other bits) for £80

And a set of 16" o.z grand Vitara alloys with near new road tyres for £27.

Hopefully going to grab some bfg tyres for.them today then ill use the tyres fitted to.them as payment for fitting the bfg's

RickUK
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow
Location: Not sure me Tom Tom is bust,but it could be North of Watford Gap.Could be Bedfordshire though.

Post by RickUK » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:59 pm

That looks rather nice with that hardtop on,just proves you dont need big bucks to make it look a tidy motor.
Deceased.
SJ413 tinwormed to the great car grave yard in the sky.
Vitara LWB V6 engine deceased and also in the great grave yard in the sky.
www.hideones.info www.hideones.info
Current wheels.
BMW X5 Le Mans 3.0turbo diesel.
Looking for a newish Suzuki Jimny.