Snorkel info

Not covered by any of categories below, want a winch or need to buy some recovery gear then your question goes in here!

You will also find online parts catalogues, Service manuals and a other useful info here.
lukey4x4
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Snorkel info

Post by lukey4x4 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:01 pm

Hey guys so today a attempted to fit the vitara safari snorkel to the sj ,got it in part of a bulk deal so i was making it fit lol , anyways its on looks good so quick question , i used the vit airbox befor but now its to big and tite with snorkel pipe there kinda wrong position so flung that after pi**in me off , can i just run a pipe from snorkel to engine ? I did want some sort of filter in is there anything lyk a inline filter of the sort to but inbetween pipe , i will turn the top of the snorkel pot round so not suckin in all the crap comin at it , thanks

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Re: Snorkel info

Post by Jordi » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:16 pm

I just run an ebay special cone filter on mine. Not ideal as its open to the elements but keeps most of the crud out.

I would recommend some kid of filter as there is quite a lot of suction power from the engine and leaves can easily be sucked in.

I want to try and fit an original air box to have a proper filter again.
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:54 am

Never run a 4x4 without and airfilter, well unless you want to prematurely kill your engine.
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

lukey4x4
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by lukey4x4 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:53 pm

Thanks guys yea good idea jordi i dug my std airbox outtoday and will fit that 1 as much better fit and room will find some pipe tomoz and get it sorted , how doo you guys recommend sealing it just silicone round the top , thanks