Led Light Bar

Not covered by any of categories below, want a winch or need to buy some recovery gear then your question goes in here!

You will also find online parts catalogues, Service manuals and a other useful info here.
Famerbennie
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Led Light Bar

Post by Famerbennie » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:48 pm

Afternoon All Thinking Of Buying A Led Light Bar Off Ebay Just Wondered If Any Of You Have Any Experience On Ebay Light Bars Or Any Better Places To Buy One?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MICTUNING-42I ... SwHMJYHh2Y

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/42-240W-CREE- ... Sw2xRYQOf4

Looking At These Two But Other Than One Being Curved And Coming With A Wiring Kit Can't See The Difference?

Are The Cheaper Ones As Good Or Are You Getting What You Pay For (More Money Is Better)

ROBBIE
I spend far too much time on here
I spend far too much time on here

Re: Led Light Bar

Post by ROBBIE » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:12 pm

Got a straight one on the Jimny, but a lot shorter than both you linked to. Gives a good pattern of light, like the curved one. Imo the curved one is cheating somewhere as everyone I've seen is designed as spot and flood
Sid James gone but never forgotten
Jimny 1.6 not as good as an SJ but still good

Matt
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by Matt » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:24 pm

I have a 33" one on my sj and it is in my opinion a better size than the 42" with the 42" it just fits on the screen and therefor is quite venerable to damage, with the 33" it sits nicely on the screen without risk of damage
1987 - Suzuki sj410q
31" Maxxis MT764 Bighorns
Winch & winch bumper
LED light bar
Safari snorkel
Mk1 golf headlights
Bucket seats

http://www.youtube.com/user/Matt270498

twiss
SCUK Computer Wizard
SCUK Computer Wizard

Post by twiss » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:13 pm

Me and Courior are both rocking 20" light bars on the front, easily enough light!
Attachments
DSCF6377.JPG
DSCF6377.JPG (357.02 KiB) Viewed 6153 times
Twiss

'93 Suzuki Samurai Sport 1.6 16v SU. Virtual lift, spring under, 31s
'93 Maruti Gypsy MG410

"If brute force doesn't fix your problem, you aren't using enough of it."

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:22 pm

I've never really seen the need, some decent headlights for on road and you are sorted. Bumper mounted lights are never a bad thing either.

I've always wondered How much light do you really need at 5-10mph off-road :lol: If anyone says they can't see enough at those speeds with normal headlights then I'm not sure they should be driving :lol:

Tbh I've never been a fan of any roof mounted lights, most of the time they just reflect and glare off the bonnet and everything you would want to see like big holes get hidden in the shadows just as much as they do with lights on the front :lol:

On Billy's race truck there's two smaller bars mounted under the cage hoop. On the night stage at KOB they were brilliant for lighting stuff up in the distance but you really couldn't judge how big any holes that were coming up were, lights on the front would have been just as effective, if not more because there wouldn't be as much glare.
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!