Crack in Oil Sump

Not covered by any of categories below, want a winch or need to buy some recovery gear then your question goes in here!

You will also find online parts catalogues, Service manuals and a other useful info here.
famin3
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Crack in Oil Sump

Post by famin3 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:43 pm

Hi everyone,

I've left my motorbike in the garage to do few things, including changing oil. They called me saying that whoever changed it last ( previous owner ) used too much force and cracked the sump so it is leaking when they try to tighten it now and I need a new sump or welding the old one. Now, my question is, is that possible that for last months I wouldn't see a single drop of oil in the garage if the crack was there? My feelings are they broke it and want me to pay for that as they think I have no common sense and know nothing about motorbikes. Before I dropped it to the garage, motorbike stood in one place for 2 or 3 weeks and there was no sign of oil leak underneath it.

I'll be grateful for all the opinions on that - do not really want to pay loads of money if it's not my fault...

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Crack in Oil Sump

Post by ScottieJ » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:04 pm

sounds to me that they are trying to pass the buck, if it was cracked before it would have been leaking
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

ROBBIE
I spend far too much time on here
I spend far too much time on here

Re: Crack in Oil Sump

Post by ROBBIE » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:39 pm

I would say that if it was cracked it would have leaked
Sid James gone but never forgotten
Jimny 1.6 not as good as an SJ but still good