SJ fuel Pump

Engine not running right? see if we can help you!
Tramp
Suzuki, will you marry me?
Suzuki, will you marry me?

SJ fuel Pump

Post by Tramp » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:17 pm

has any one known the fuel pump to leak oil? my sj has been dripping the odd spot of oil recently, i followed the dampnes back to either the 90degree adaptor for the distributer or the fuel pump. I had the adaptor off and fitted a new o-ring oil seal,with no joy. So
I had the fuel pump off, I cleaned up the pump and refitted it with a new gasket and sealent.

but still no luck. When I run my finger under the pump I can feel that it is damp with oil, ive checked the rockercover gasket and its not leaking and trickling down to it. I can only assume its coming from the diaphram breather hole under the pump,

has any one else had a pump leak like this?

and what are my options? the pump looks like a complete unit so will I have to replace the lot (does any one have a suzuki part number?), or can it be disassembled (if i can where can i get a seal kit for it?)

ive had a browse through on google but nothing conclusive has appeared

cheers
Luke

Zukipilot
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Re: SJ fuel Pump

Post by Zukipilot » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:55 am

The fuel pump does begin to leak oil when it's on the way out. Best to replace it now. The oil comes from the actuating rod that operates the pump, so I would check this too while you have the pump off.
You can go fast, I can go ANYWHERE

Kirkynut
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Re: SJ fuel Pump

Post by Kirkynut » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:16 pm

I've not known our to lak but in John Richardson's book about modifying and buying suzuki's he warns of this as a problem on SJ's. They are about £30.00 new and can be obtained from Nippart suppliers and Eurocarparts supplied ours.

Rob