any 1 near rotherham/sheffield good with a welder?

fitting new seats? welding up arches? Painting your SJ? post your queries here
slowjoe
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

any 1 near rotherham/sheffield good with a welder?

Post by slowjoe » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:21 pm

hi guys managed to source an engine for my tin top :D an just in the middle of putting it in the trouble is i dont no if iv bitten off more than i can chew
the engine work is not a problem but after having a good look round the old girl i have found lots of rust and holes :er: i dont have the slightest clue about welding an just not sure wot to do
the passengers side sills are shot even got a lovely big hole on the inside thats not to mention the wheel arches they look pretty grim from the inside of the bonnet as well as the outside.
i just dont no wot to do as i want to keep my sj but am thinking i cant handle all the welding im even considering selling up to some 1 who has more knoledge :thumbdown:
was just wondering if there was any1 out there local to me that has any idea about this thanks joe

will try an get some pics uploaded

Tramp
Suzuki, will you marry me?
Suzuki, will you marry me?

Re: any 1 near rotherham/sheffield good with a welder?

Post by Tramp » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:01 pm

Good it would be nice to see some pics, personally im not a good welder & I'm not sure if I know of any where, my local garage (quarry garage http://www.192.com/atoz/business/rother ... 0d1799/ml/) they used to have a bloke who worked there & did exclusively landrovers, I was going to get my sills welded up by him (a few years ago!) but I ran out of money, although he doesn't work there now I think they still do welding. My second thought was the garage on barbot hall industrial estate on the corner of the road that runs to greasbrough (argh I'm so annoyed I can't remember the street name *edit* scrooby lane) usually they have a classsic car out side, I dont know what its called & Google didn't turn anything up for me, but I'd imagine they would be set up for welding as they do car restoration as a staple. I can't really think of anywhere else although I'm sure there will be one company or 2 in Sheffield! Have you tried the yellow pages?

slowjoe
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Re: any 1 near rotherham/sheffield good with a welder?

Post by slowjoe » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:31 pm

hi mate nice to hear from some1 in rotherham my mates garage is the 1 at the top ov scrooby street not sure if thats the 1 your on about trouble is as much as a good mate he is he wont want to even attempt the welding as that will take him off well paid jobs if you no wot i mean whos going to swap mates rates for well paid jobs lol plus im sure sum 1 who is a lover ov sj.s would fly through the welding were as my mate might be scratching his head lol