drum brake issues

Starts at the flywheel, ends at the hubs, any problems along them lines, ask your questions here.
roll_cage
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

drum brake issues

Post by roll_cage » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:44 pm

hi all
been rebuilding my anus i took apart months ago, its pretty much done apart from rear drums which i found out I'm missing these things (picture below drawing of what they roughly look like) from the rear, they're sort washer things the hold the shoes on? does anyone know where to get them from?
any help would be great

[img]C:\Users\Toby\Pictures\Suzuki\Untitled.png[/img]
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (16.33 KiB) Viewed 6746 times

turbo-tom
I spend far too much time on here
I spend far too much time on here

Re: drum brake issues

Post by turbo-tom » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:13 pm

i think they are just called pins if i had my college folder i would be able to tell you , you pusher them in and twist the cup/washer thing around though the pin

there are ethier called rattle pins or hold down pins , but thats what the americans call them i think

this what you mean ?

try ebay ? or your best bet is to try your local motor factors ;)
Tom :)

Ford Fiesta ST :D

Darrell
Suzuki, will you marry me?
Suzuki, will you marry me?

Post by Darrell » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:16 pm

Are you sure that's what it had fitted as all I've seen have had these type spring clips. However knowing suzuki they bunged on whatever they had kicking about ;)
Those type http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=b ... o_id=32141 cups most motorist shops keep, but if you need the pins as well they need to be the correct lenght.

Edit- Been having a look through parts diagrams and the santana has those dished cups. So the Spanish bunged on whatever they could find :D
Attachments
shoe spring.jpg
shoe spring.jpg (10.9 KiB) Viewed 6736 times
2005-GV 1600se, "Hell" What do I know!

Highlander
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by Highlander » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:08 am

Darrell I've been into quite a few Samurai drums and found most of them with the round type.

The two SJ's I've worked on had the type you mention on both the rear axle drums and the transfer handbrake drum.

BUT as most of them are at least 20 years old now then who knows whats been changed on them in the past :)

nathan.stevens
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by nathan.stevens » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:04 pm

i had the first sort on my '92 sammy and the second type on my '87 410.. i think they're the same length etc and the do the same job.
when i got the sammy it had all the bits to rebuild the drums and there was a kit with all the springs etc, i THINK they were in the pack too... if so it's a main dealer part only. don't hold me to it though

roll_cage
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by roll_cage » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:40 pm

yeah its defo the round one, found one lying on the floor of my garage today..I suspect i've got a load of springs missing as well! :D
i'll just head down to me local shop and see what they can do.