Hi All

New to SCUK.co.uk? say hello, give us an idea of who you are, and show us a pic of your pride and joy. were friendly and wont bite!
bluefrog
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Hi All

Post by bluefrog » Fri May 23, 2008 8:50 pm

Hi. I have had my suzi for about 18months but due to other commitments its been out of use for most of the last year. However, since some little scrote stole my corsa on sunday and trashed it the Suzi is comming out of retirement.
Thats where the probs started. needs a new handbrake cable. which is different to the one Suzuki says it should be. Brake caliper are different to that discribed in the workshop comic., And the pads are different to the ones supplied as (should fit). Oh well. no one said it would be easy. Next problem is going to be welding a couple of holes at the front of the sills and on the floorpan by the tail gate. I've got the Mig welder, all I have to do now is work out how to weld? Any advise gratefully accepted.
I,ll let you know what happens, at the worst I can only set fire to it!

bourneyo
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Hi All

Post by bourneyo » Fri May 23, 2008 11:22 pm

First off fella welcome to the forum!

now, your suzuki, is it a 410 413 or samurai, and is it made in spain (santana) and do you know if any mods have been done? as they could seriously affect what parts you need from main dealer. as for brake pads, if you have any other means of transport take the pads off and go and see a good motorfactors they should be able to help you get the correct ones. as for welding, do a serch on google, it should come up with a reli usefull site,i will list it up tomorow (and put it on the links page) as i am currently on the works comp!

Dan
http://www.suzukiclubuk.co.uk the new home for your suzuki sj

dominic
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by dominic » Sat May 24, 2008 12:00 am

Welcome Bluefrog,

Ah , you mentioned the workshop comic ( hay**s manual), if you can get your mitts on the proper workshop manual,you be a happy bunny.

Dom

8-)
Currently Drive
SJ 410 Q 1985 (GREEN)
VITARA GL+ 2017 (SILVER)

Did have a IGNIS SZ5 4X4 2017 (BLACK)
Did have a GRAND VITARA 2.0 TD 2002 (GREEN)
Did have a JIMNY JLX 2001 (RED)
Did have a SJ 413V 1987 (SILVER)
Did have a BMW320i 1984 (PETROL BLUE)

bluefrog
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by bluefrog » Sat May 24, 2008 9:47 am

Thanks for the answers chaps, I think I may have the handbrake cable sorted , suzuki say Tuesday delivery. The pads seem to be a lucas part, so I should be able to source them.As to wether its jap or spanish I had the idea its Spanish. someone told me its the chassis No. that identifies it ( VSESJ00C00 )any ideas? it has Santana on the tail gate, although the log book describes it as a samurai sport. No modifications as far as i know. just a standard sj 413
Attachments
Resize of Image024.jpg
Resize of Image024.jpg (29.69 KiB) Viewed 9139 times

bourneyo
The Boss
The Boss

Post by bourneyo » Sat May 24, 2008 11:43 am

You have a spanish samurai SJ413. VSE is the spanish code. Santana means it was built in the spanish santana factory on license by landrover!

It was my understanding that spanish vehicles had Girling brakes and jap vehicles had the lucas brakes! although i could be mistaken!

Let us know how you get on!

where abouts are you based??

Dan 8-)

bluefrog
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by bluefrog » Mon May 26, 2008 12:26 pm

The Brake Pads/shoes have lucas Stamped on them.
And based Nottinghamshire/ Derbyshire border.

John

bourneyo
The Boss
The Boss

Post by bourneyo » Mon May 26, 2008 7:12 pm

Your not all that far from me then, I am down in leicester!

RE the brakes, i stand corrected!

Dan 8-)

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Tue May 27, 2008 12:45 pm

:welcome: matey! good to hear that your going to revive your suzuki! to many zukes are being left to go rotten nowadays! hope you get it all sorted!
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

zook
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by zook » Wed May 28, 2008 6:56 pm

welcome get that zuk fixed and go have some fun
as for welding just make sure you clean up all areas where you intend to weld and disconnect the battery first have fun