Newtomud's Newtobuild

Got an vehicle build underway? post up pictures and tell us all how its going!

Builds threads only please.
Newtomud
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Re: Newtomud's Newtobuild

Post by Newtomud » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:15 pm

bigben wrote:i sure will bud i was a busy bee that day mate 400 houses to deliver to and it was wayy past opening time on a friday haha oh and no i dont smoke mate dont think i could have nicked it either it was on stands lol

How are you finding the springs now? i may go down that route myself as my add a leafs are wayyyy to harsh for me, got to get going with her again soon for the winter
Please don't get me wrong, I wasn't accusing you of trying to nick it... I just got a bit worried when I found a rolly butt stubbed out next to the SJ as it's nowhere near the foot path.. Someone else must have been having a look at it, just hope it's not a thieving scum bag eying it up.
The springs give loads of lift and seem to do a good job.. The tyres are a mother on the road but are great off road. Not sure about the shock extensions?

Newtomud
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by Newtomud » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:56 pm

Started to take the boot floor out..
002.JPG
002.JPG (666.15 KiB) Viewed 7124 times
Bought a sheet of steel 2.5m x 1.25m.Just need to buy some 20x50mm box section for the brace that goes under the floor.
Jet washed the chassis and it came up good as new. :doublethumbs:

Wouldn't mind fitting a petrol tank in the boot :?:
Last edited by Newtomud on Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Newtomud
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by Newtomud » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:55 pm

Ref petrol tank... Would something like this do the job
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320765792062? ... 1423.l2649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:23 pm

You need something with a return feed or to just fit a return feed! looks quite nice though, it can be a pain in the ass not having a fuel gauge but I'm sure you could make an SJ one fit it.
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

Newtomud
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by Newtomud » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:19 pm

ScottieJ wrote:You need something with a return feed or to just fit a return feed! looks quite nice though, it can be a pain in the ass not having a fuel gauge but I'm sure you could make an SJ one fit it.
Silly question time.. :er:
Could the brass connecter be used as the feed.. The other outlet used as the return.. Then all that is needed is a breather?And a breather could be drilled into the filler cap and a hose attached?

Would I need an inline fuel pump?

Not too bothered about the fuel gauge.. I've ridden motorbikes since the mid 70's and most of them haven't had a fuel gauge..

(Blimey just thinking about how many bikes I've had.. Suzuki TS250 - Suzuki GT250 - Honda 400 dream - Honda cb750f1 -Honda cb650 Nighthawk - Suzuki GS850 shaft drive - Kawasaki Z650 - Kawasaki ZX10 - Kawasaki ZZR1100 - Kawasaki ZX7r Ninja - Kawasaki ZX9r Ninja - Kawasaki ZX12r Ninja )

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:39 pm

Yes you could do that, or you could find someone who can tig weld and put a return feed into it, the stock pump will work fine :doublethumbs:
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

Team Pink
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Team Pink » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:12 pm

I had a tank very similar to that when I first built the racer. The wall thickness is about 1mm. It lasted 1 season before the weight of fuel bouncing about stress fractured one of the seams. I now have a custom built Alisport tank. I do not think that rally style tanks are up to off-roading.

Newtomud
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by Newtomud » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:07 pm

ScottieJ wrote:Yes you could do that, or you could find someone who can tig weld and put a return feed into it, the stock pump will work fine :doublethumbs:
Could fit a clear plastic sight pipe on the side of the tank as a fuel gauge as well??
Team Pink wrote:I had a tank very similar to that when I first built the racer. The wall thickness is about 1mm. It lasted 1 season before the weight of fuel bouncing about stress fractured one of the seams. I now have a custom built Alisport tank. I do not think that rally style tanks are up to off-roading.
Maybe some of that fuel tank foam and some good strong ali straps around the tank would do the trick as I'm not racing... I probably won't get over 10 miles an hour when off roading??

Newtomud
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by Newtomud » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:24 pm

Sent my transfer boxes of to ROCKWATT today :doublethumbs:

dan_2k_uk
I spend far too much time on here
I spend far too much time on here

Post by dan_2k_uk » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:06 pm

Looks like its a race. Ive just :lol: sent him my inlet manifold for SU conversion.

Trucks looking real nice. Keep up the good work :thumbup:
Janspeed manifold, LWB Vit vented discs and calipers

Build thread -- Build photos -- HLA-Artwork
Coming soon: YJs, Trussed axles, Full float rear.