The Story Of A Vit.

Got an vehicle build underway? post up pictures and tell us all how its going!

Builds threads only please.
r-nottz
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

The Story Of A Vit.

Post by r-nottz » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:18 pm

Evening guys, I've just purchased a Vitara after a good couple of years or so away from them.

I used to have a Vitara a few years back, done quite a bit to it, sold it, bought it back, turned it into a pickup truck then swapped it for a Audi a3.

Missed it alot and always have, my friend still owns it but WILL NOT sale it back to me.

So over the past couple of years I've been iffing and ahhing about buying another 4x4, i missed the mud and just generally getting thrown around like a rag doll. I looked a few things over the years, discos, sjs and a fourtrack but nothing interesting came along so i forgot about it and never bothered form while.

Until now.

Long story short I've been plastering a house out in my down time for a mate of mine, he lives out in the country and my drive there took me along a road with a little white Vitara on a drive way, i drove past it twice a day every Saturday and Sunday for about a month and a half, and i always looked at it.
The lase last day i was on the job i told myself in going to knock on the door and ask if they want to sale it, but i didn't.

That takes us to yesterday, i was on route to view a softtop fatboy Vitara near were i was working, the drive there took me past the little white Vitara that this time was for sale, for £295. I thought she's rotten, no mot and battered for that price surely, so i continued to go and view the other one, about a mile up the road and a turning i had to take was shut off by the police, further up the road at another turning that i was going to take was also blocked....

So i thought F it I'm looking at the white one.

BEST THING I EVER DID!

the owner was the most honest person i ever met, literally gave me the keys and said drive it, poke it, prod it whatever

He got it off his mate as a px for a car he had and basically he was going to use it as a run around to his fields but then put his house up for sale and now its sold he cant take 5 cars with him.

She's a little rough around the edges, bits of rust here and there but solid in all the right places, footwells, inner archs rear tub etc all good, seals are good to!!

So yeah sorry for the life story but i like to answer questions in advance haha!

I payed £250 for this little beaut
S Reg
16 Valver
9month MOT
2 Owners
Manual locking hubs THAT AREN'T SEIZED!!
Full service history, New radiator, water pump and thermostat

I really want to get stuck in with this project but im currently sorting a few things out on my van after having it driven in to by a uninsured driver and then I got to mot, tax and insure my Volkswagen so not much will be happening with this until end of the month.

But thanks for looking and reading my life story ahah!

ROBBIE
I spend far too much time on here

Re: The Story Of A Vit.

Post by ROBBIE » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:36 am

Cool story and nice vit
Sid James gone but never forgotten
Jimny 1.6 not as good as an SJ but still good

donkeychomp

Post by donkeychomp » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:02 am

Bargain of the year. What plans do you have for it?
If it ticks over...leave it

r-nottz
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by r-nottz » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:25 am

Cheers guys.

Plans are to

Lift it, probably with the good old Astra b rear shocks and rover springs rear, and strut spacers up front with gv springs.

Tyres, I've got 2x 235/75/15 brand new maletesa kobras (insa turbo Sahara pattern) sat in the garage on jimny steels, just need to order a couple more

Rip the bumpers off and get something made up for it

Then who knows, I might go mad with it, I'm thinking 3" lift, 31's, steel dif, box section sills, roll cage, bucket seats and a battleship grey diy paint job haha.

r-nottz
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by r-nottz » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:37 am

Here's my old one, some of you may.recognise it, I ended up turning it into a pickup.

dan_2k_uk

Post by dan_2k_uk » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:16 am

That's a bargain for £250!
Janspeed manifold, LWB Vit vented discs and calipers

Build thread -- Build photos -- HLA-Artwork
Coming soon: YJs, Trussed axles, Full float rear.

r-nottz
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by r-nottz » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:29 pm

Thanks mate!.

I had a little fiddle with her this afternoon too see what I'm up against,

Anyone who knows Vitaras will know they got these stupid plastic sill covers that rot the sill out behind it, so bravely I took them off,.... Passenger side is perfect and 95% of drivers side is too, unfortunately the rear has a little rot going on but it is expected, I think instead of messing around getting it patched I'm probably going to go straight for box section sills.

I also found a bit of rot develping on the passenger side under the door hinge and the rear tub were the rubber runs along for the boot door

Nothing too bad, I'm sure father in law will sort it for me, I really wish I could weld haha!

Apart from that were all good, inner arches, floorpan, bodymounts etc is all good, rear seatbelt mounts/inner arches have been done already.

Onwards and upwards cant wait to begin building her up!

r-nottz
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by r-nottz » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:58 pm

Managed to get myself a set of wheels and tyres this evening.

I had some ready in the pipe line but there was only 2x tyres with the set and by the time I bought another 2 and payed to go across the bridge to wales and my diesel it wold of worked out rather dear!

So these came up local to me, bronco diamond tread on 4x wellar steels that have been shotblasted and sprayed gun metalish grey.

Snapped them up for £150!

Just need my lift kit now and should be ready for some playing!

I'm also waiting for the father in.law to have a free day so he can weld me up some nice box section sills!

Thanks for looking!

ianedwards
SCUK Addict
SCUK Addict

Post by ianedwards » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:59 am

Bargin, hope the story keeps on going,
Cheers

Ian. :)

1987 Suzuki SJ413 KJA - Fixed + Modified in my own way

r-nottz
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by r-nottz » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:07 pm

Thanks mate, yeah story should carry on going, dont have any plans to give up on this one!