HELP!! No brake pedal after rear disc conv.

Starts at the flywheel, ends at the hubs, any problems along them lines, ask your questions here.
Grey Man
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Re: HELP!! No brake pedal after rear disc conv.

Post by Grey Man » Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:48 pm

Thanks for the info. Looks like the transfer box and gear box are standard with no transmission handbrake. Do you know if this is a straight forward conversion, probably needs a drum fitting in the drive chain.

Cheers

Phil

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:20 pm

Its a simple job. Just need the drum handbrake and cable from another SJ. Bolt on swap. Its a half hour job.

Or aftermarket options are available from a few places. Some aren’t as good as the hype though. I have an x-eng disc transmission handbrake, it’s crap.
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

Grey Man
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Grey Man » Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:52 am

Hi,
The rear disk conversion is one of the many jobs to do on my SJ 413. I have been offered a transmission brake drum, backplate (incl mechanism) and cable. Any advice on what to watch out for (its not cheap) before I commit. I have read through your story so far and would be interested to know if you had to shorten the prop to get it to fit the drum after the drum was fitted?