A quick hello

New to SCUK.co.uk? say hello, give us an idea of who you are, and show us a pic of your pride and joy. were friendly and wont bite!
Longjon
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

A quick hello

Post by Longjon » Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:14 pm

Hello,

Recently purchased a 2002 Vitara 2.0l diesel automatic, trading in my 2014 mercedes E300 hybrid. Needed something smaller for work and was putting silly miles on it

I know very little about these vehicles to be honest having never considered one before. Comes with zero history and looks like it was parked up a tree at some point. 130k on the clock

I've had a couple of days getting used to all the rattles and quirks of the wagon.

Plan going forward is to give it a damn good clean. Correct the tired paint work and remove scratches. Treat the stone chips and deeper scratches. Paint the wheels.

With no history I'll be doing cambelt asap. has an oil leak noted on MOT so obviously a gasket of some description, hope not head gasket but if it is, it is. Oil and all filters. Couple of worn bushes noted on MOT that'll I'll address.

Seems to lack heat through the vents and engine temperature seems a bit low. Probably a naf thermostat.

Stereo seems to be a cheap aftermarket one that receives signal when it feels like it. Probably change for something a bit more modern with DAB and android auto.

Then we'll see what fun we can have with it
Attachments
PXL_20240313_170612505.jpg

maxaret
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Re: A quick hello

Post by maxaret » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:12 pm

Hi Jon
Welcome aboard :welcome:
Hope you enjoying the Zuki.
Good luck with your jobs list !