speedo going nowwhere

Not covered by any of categories below, want a winch or need to buy some recovery gear then your question goes in here!

You will also find online parts catalogues, Service manuals and a other useful info here.
timmo
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

speedo going nowwhere

Post by timmo » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:26 pm

my speedos packed up. Ive spun the speedo drive with a screwdriver and speedo works . Is there a common fault with the gearbox drive? Also rev counter doesnt work it is connected but it dead as a dodo. Bit of a mouthful of problems but ive just got another sj to replace my 410. its a 1991 413 samurai van motd and i want to use it on the road but the front drivers spring seems a bit saggy compared to the other side. Is this common too? Looks pretty easy to swap though.

sj,s Love em!

Tramp
Suzuki, will you marry me?
Suzuki, will you marry me?

Re: speedo going nowwhere

Post by Tramp » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:09 pm

you mean you span the cable and it ran? Usually the cable breaks internally. mine did at around the 60k mark I just replaced for a new one, Although I have heard of the shaft breaking in the T-box before (cynicals on difflock - although its the only time I've ever heard of it) if that was the case I'd be inclined to sswap the t-box there seem to be plenty of 413/sammy t-boxs knocking about, everyone wants 410 boxs!

timmo
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by timmo » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:40 pm

I havent span it from the gearbox end. I,ll try that then i'll know for sure.

twiss
SCUK Computer Wizard
SCUK Computer Wizard

Post by twiss » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:11 pm

Hi there,

There is a handy dandy Suzuki club guide on how to make a Rocklobster transfer box
The first two steps show the removal of the speed drive

http://www.suzukiclubuk.co.uk/rocklobster.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I guess you could order one from suzuki? Might be cheaper than a transfer box
Twiss

'93 Suzuki Samurai Sport 1.6 16v SU. Virtual lift, spring under, 31s
'93 Maruti Gypsy MG410

"If brute force doesn't fix your problem, you aren't using enough of it."