HowDoo

New to SCUK.co.uk? say hello, give us an idea of who you are, and show us a pic of your pride and joy. were friendly and wont bite!
petelee
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

HowDoo

Post by petelee » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:04 pm

WooHoo!! Found it at last,Spent ages trying to find this but kept getting search pages up.Hi everyone i got my sammy 2 weeks ago been offroading once and it was brilliant however i've spent most of my time trying to get it to run and stop how it should ,but have eventually been told its only firing on 3 so needs a rebuild or new engine,got one more trick to try before i give up on it.Heres a pic of it hopefully.Look forward to seeing some of you out and about i'm in tamworth in the midlands by the way.
Attachments
new jeep.jpg
new jeep.jpg (27.4 KiB) Viewed 5879 times

bourneyo
The Boss
The Boss

Re: HowDoo

Post by bourneyo » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:18 pm

Hello welcome to the forum! glad you found us!

Im not all that far from you, im in Leicester, probably see you around some time!

Dan
http://www.suzukiclubuk.co.uk the new home for your suzuki sj

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:17 pm

welcome matey, that looks like a pretty tidy zuke, shame about the running problems, i'm sure you'll be able to find the source of the problem with help from all the guys on here though!
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

baRoN
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by baRoN » Fri May 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Hello and welcome to the twisted underclass of SJ ownership.

I think you might be jumping the gun a bit :sniper: there are lots of things that could cause it to only fire on three cylinders that stop a loooong way short of a rebuild or new engine. I mean, even rain can cause it to fire on three, but this is unusual on an SJ. It’s not unusual on Suzuki motorbikes though, some if them lose a cylinder if it’s a bit misty. Not firing is nearly always an electrical problem, and these are not helped at all by an engine rebuild! It may be a cheap or even free fix.

I’m sure there are plenty of brains on here you can pick a lot more knowledgeable than me engine issues though. Perhaps put a post in the engine section?

bourneyo
The Boss
The Boss

Post by bourneyo » Fri May 02, 2008 7:17 pm

have you replaced the dizzy cap, as if you are getting a poor contact on there it could loose it down the HP lead resulting on it not firing on that cylinder? have the HP leads been replaced or spark plugs they could be faulty resulting in it not foring on a cylinder.

Dan
http://www.suzukiclubuk.co.uk the new home for your suzuki sj