My LJ80Q

A place for all UK LJ owners to introduce themselves and for all LJ series tech and builds
rgonzobull
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

My LJ80Q

Post by rgonzobull » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:58 pm

Heres a taster for ScottieJ whos bullied me for a picture....lol hope you can see it. I will get round to doing a write up on it soon I promise......

edit: I added one off your facebook page :doublethumbs: ScottieJ
LJ80Q

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Re: My LJ80Q

Post by ScottieJ » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:05 pm

aw no you need the image URL to link it from bookface :bawling: have a look here http://www.suzukiclubuk.co.uk/phpBB3/ph ... =43&t=3265" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm eager to see it. add me on bookface: scottie Green :thumbup: my sj is my profile pic
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

rgonzobull
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by rgonzobull » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:07 pm

Dam! On way home now. Will sort when i get in. Ill pm you my real name so you can add me and look at my pics
LJ80Q

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:32 pm

That looks pretty Tidy matey :guns: I hope mine ends up that tidy eventually :doublethumbs:
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

rgonzobull
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by rgonzobull » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:23 pm

Nice one scottiej! Ill post some work done by the previous owner and some of the mods ive done since soon
LJ80Q

justaddmud
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by justaddmud » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:03 pm

Nice LJ

rare old beast now, always wanted on, and sadly don't think i will ever get one now :cry:

still at least i can look at other people one's :hands:

juncopartner
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by juncopartner » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:32 pm

Is that Gonzo?

If it is, is it the same LJ from years back, the one with the gearbox in it that I lent you nearly 20 years ago!!!!!!!!

I suppose you can guess who this now.

Still got 2 LJ's including a soft door, in fact havn't been without one for nearly 25 years!!!! Just about to start putting one of them back together, once I've made space, just need to get rid of 3 Lambrettas, a Vespa and a Morris Minor. Already rebuilt mechanically, just needs putting together

rgonzobull
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by rgonzobull » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:30 pm

Dave!!!! How are you pal. No its not the same one. It's a different one. How are you doing? Long time no speak! Good to hear from you.
And yes I still have your gearbox 20 years later lol
LJ80Q

juncopartner
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by juncopartner » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:25 pm

Good to hear from you. Its been nearly as long since I had an LJ on the road, had plenty of SJ's in the meantime. Even did an off road bike trial on a Lambretta!!!!!! Perhaps more hopeless and unreliable as a Land Rover if thats possible!!!!

Certainly seems to be a lot going on with LJ's, I thought I was about the last one, just been on Difflock Forum for the first time in over 6 months and there was a private message telling me about this site and trying to get all the Lj owners together, out of coincidence I'd just joined it 5 hours earlier just so9 I could send you a message.

Going to take some pics of the Lj's tomorrow, be warned they are not pretty!!!!!!

I suddenly find I've got a lot of motivation to start rebuilding one of the Lj's, going to start with the soft door low roof I think. Axles all done, painted up and rebuilt with SJ brakes; SJ springs and Monroe Gas Magnums all nice and new; SJ410 Janspeed exhaust to be modified to fit; probably rob the SU carb off the morris minor; good SJ 410 engine ready to go in, might even have a whizz kid head with the bigger valves for it as well; rebuilt gearbox; very low mileage transfer box; brand new wings and front panel (got 3 sets actually, and no they are not for sale); brand new petrol tank; brand new steering damper; brand new idler arm; brand new side lights, indicators etc.. I may not have had an LJ on the road for years but I've been collecting the parts all these years, (2 garages of the stuff!!)

Anyone want to buy some of my other stuff 2 Lambrettas and a Morris Minor!!! Already got rid of 2 Lambrettas and 4 frames and a couple of Lambretta engines, so that I can almost move around the garage.

rgonzobull
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by rgonzobull » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:32 pm

Lol. We use to have some good times in the LJs in the past. I remember putting the wizzkid engine with bigger valved head in the last LJ and it certainly made a difference. I've PM'd you my number so we can have a chat. Hope to speak to you soon and you have a target now to get an Lj on the road for our Uk meet. Scott sorting that out I think. Try the LJ10 forum out as that has loads of good info on there. Hope to speak to you soon pal
LJ80Q