wheely good idea?

fitting new seats? welding up arches? Painting your SJ? post your queries here
suzukisteve
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

wheely good idea?

Post by suzukisteve » Fri May 18, 2012 9:25 am

morning everyone!

ok, so i've been thinkin (not my strong point ;) ) but i wanna start a build soon!

the car is now thankfully up to date mechanically, and i wanna start a few mods.
first thing i wanna do is get shot of the stock bumpers and move the rear lights into the back door and the side lights and indicators somewhere into the front clip.

i've sourced some lights (advantage of workin in a motor factor, cheap parts! :guns: ) but i wanna keep the spare wheel with the car. is it, or would it be pos to mount the spare on the bonnet?
dont really wanna give up boot space.

also while im here, any suggestion for front and rear bumpers? looked at some awesome builds on here but i cant decide what to do! :er:

cheers!
pickle power!

suzukisteve
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Re: wheely good idea?

Post by suzukisteve » Fri May 18, 2012 9:38 am

oh forgot to mention, i have a set of cibie oscar spots on the front which i would need to keep mounted if anyone has ideas?? lol

cheers
pickle power!

Newtomud
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by Newtomud » Fri May 18, 2012 10:14 am

Morning , I guess I'd place my spare on the bonnet and sit in it to see what is visible with the wheel there? I've got 31x10.5x15's on mine and I wouldn't be able to see a thing :shock:
Dan and Trotter have just built really nice bumpers (Pics in their build thread ). I want to do something like there's with a piece of 100mm x 100mm x 4mm box section steel and maybe a winch bumper on the front - eventually.
Post up some pics of the lights you've bought :snap:

Highlander
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by Highlander » Fri May 18, 2012 10:25 am

Move the spare wheel mount to the centre of the back door to give you room for lights either side?

suzukisteve
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Post by suzukisteve » Fri May 18, 2012 10:44 am

ah crackin ideas guys!

newtomud, i've had these old cibies for years lol the were off my first l*nd r*ver but have now found a better home on the zuke! cant get a pic just yet as im at work :thumbdown:
i've seen people mount spots on the windscreen surround, but the cibies are pretty big so i dunno if there would be enuf clearance to open the bonnet so i can get in?

there is a fabricator next to one of the garages we deliver to so may take a trip down there for some goodies!

cheers guys
pickle power!

kiwizook
SCUK Addict
SCUK Addict

Post by kiwizook » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:36 am

you could mount the spare wheel on the roof of the cab maybe?
It's not a question of how much you spend on your suzuki, but when your money will run out