Mongol Rally

Anything Suzuki related, but not technical, it goes here!
stuffandthings
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Mongol Rally

Post by stuffandthings » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:30 am

Hi Guys.

We are headding off on this year's Mongol Rally. We posted a message in the Newcommers section, but are getting a little more desperate for help so figured we would put a hit in here too! haha

So yeah, the rally is 20k miles, Goodwood, through 17 countries to mongolia, inc, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Russia etc, then we're driving our Zuk back through Russia, Sweden Norway etc.

We have got the car, and are going about fixing her up (just getting roof rack, fuel cans etc) for the trip. We can't afford any mods on her, but any advice would be great. here is a pic of her as she (Suzy) stands at the moment.

We are in need of some spare wheels for her, as we will almost certainly pop a couple along the way. We also need a decent tow rope, and a jack! have found some on eBay, but we are dead cheap people so were wondering if anyone knows of somewhere we can get a good deal?

Most notably we need a replacement oil cap, as the one we have on there at the moment is one from another car that has been taped on!

We are london based, but can drive pretty much anywhere to pick up!

have been looking about the picks on here and some of you guys have got some pretty hardcore sj's out there! hope ours can stand up to the rigors awaiting it!

email stuart@stuartfisher.co.uk

cheers guys.

Stu and Dan
Attachments
IMG_0384.JPG
IMG_0384.JPG (58.73 KiB) Viewed 4066 times

bourneyo
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Mongol Rally

Post by bourneyo » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:26 pm

I have a set of wheels and tyres going spare, standard pepper pot wheels with standard road bias tyres on them, will post what size tyres they are when i get home. free if you wana collect them.

what kind of oil cap is it, i have a spare one at home, the one i have spare is the screw in kind.

Dan 8-)
http://www.suzukiclubuk.co.uk the new home for your suzuki sj

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:28 pm

hey there, sorry guys i completly forgot to check what size those tyre's are, i would imagine they are the correct size though! will be in my garage tonight so i'll check for you!

And you'll be suprised how far a standard sj will go, trust me! the only reason mine's modded is so i can go out and enjoy green laning without the hassle of getting stuck too much! i go to pay & play sites for that :lol:
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

bourneyo
The Boss
The Boss

Post by bourneyo » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:08 pm

205/70R15 the size of the tyres and wheels if you want them, all with loads of tread on them. there up in leicester

Dan 8-)
http://www.suzukiclubuk.co.uk the new home for your suzuki sj