Looking for advice

Anything Suzuki related, but not technical, it goes here!
MightyMork
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Looking for advice

Post by MightyMork » Fri May 01, 2009 2:51 pm

Hello, well I'm looking for my first off roader. decided it should be an SJ, but struggeling to find any for money which are ok to be abused.

It seems the LWB are rather expensive and the soft tops are scarse, a couple on Autotrader but should I spend less now and get one to be worked on or spend more and buy one with alot of kit on it?

Don't want all the gear with no idea tho!

What sould I look out for, thinking a 1.3 would be better than the 1.0 but what do people recommend?

Tramp
Suzuki, will you marry me?
Suzuki, will you marry me?

Re: Looking for advice

Post by Tramp » Fri May 01, 2009 3:59 pm

personally i paid £1500 for my sj, wheras my mate spent £600,
In the end i think i got a better car (well better body wise)
All sj's will have problems of there own no matter how much you spend, it just depends how much work you want to do,

As for different models its all down to taste, in fairness the 410 & the 413 engines are almost the same in power delivery, all though the 410 unit is 'revier' and the 413 unit 'steadier' some 410's have 4 speed box's the rest have 5 speed

as for the lwb, they seem to be few and far between, they come with a removeable hard top but with bits from a swb 'soft top' model,make a lwb soft (if you have a soft top made)
the really rare sj's tend to be the original pick ups, the sj413k, the lwbs are more expensive than swbs, and the 413k's are even more expensive

the only thing i would have done different with my sj, is to buy a hardtop rather than a soft top, as there are lots of thieving scroats in my area,
Luke

carnut
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Re: Looking for advice

Post by carnut » Fri May 01, 2009 5:08 pm

if your not mechanicly minded, make sure it comes with a new MOT,, other wise it could cost you a packet, the last thing you what, is to spend £**** . then turn around and spend x number of £s getting it through a MOT. dont be put off the 410 just becuase its got a small engine. you will be supprised were it will go.(with good off road tyres).
andy.