engine

Engine not running right? see if we can help you!
kim&luke
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

engine

Post by kim&luke » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:44 pm

Hi guys

Ive started work on a santana sj410 and am trying to get it to run right its got new pistons and rings in ive replaced the ht leads spark pugs dizzy cap and rotor arm its also got a new bat .

It will run and idel but as soon as you put the engine under load the old girl just dies the only way you can dive is with the choke full to half out even when she is warm ???

any help would be great ... :|

muddy kev
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Re: engine

Post by muddy kev » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:43 pm

sounds like your running very lean mixture or have a air leak on the inlet/carb. trying spraying around inlet manifold and carb area with carb cleaner while engine running. if any leaks then engine will rev up when u spray around problem area.

cheers kev.

kim&luke
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by kim&luke » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:48 pm

thanks i tryed this but it only reved up when i spayed around the rubber hose from the air filtter box i did noitce the fuel fillter wasnt full of fuel would this mean the fuel pump is the problem ?? if so can you fit one from a 413 engine?? the fuel gauge shows the needle just above the red .

thanks luke

kim&luke
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by kim&luke » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:36 pm

any more help on this would be great i dont know if the fuel pump is working on it properly as the fuel filter only has a little bit of fuel in it at any one time should it be full???

hucky
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by hucky » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:09 pm

sounds similar to what mine was doing, try and get the fuel filter after the pump full, should run till thats empty, also try giving the top of the pump a tap. that made mine work for a few mins... if that works then probs is the pump...

if so, i believe that scottie410 has a pump

kim&luke
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by kim&luke » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:25 pm

as mine is a 410 santana would any 410 fuel pump fit like a samari one fit or dose it have to be the santana one ???
:roll:

hucky
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by hucky » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:07 pm

is your universal fuel filter filling up? you think it is defo the pump??

and i should imagine the sj410 and the santana410 would be the same engine if so im guessing the same pump but im sure someone will correct me if im worng

Edweird
Suzuki, will you marry me?
Suzuki, will you marry me?

Post by Edweird » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:53 pm

All 410s are pretty much the same. The only different ones are that there are two 413 engines. One's just under 1300cc and one's just over.
There's three ways of doing things:

The right way,
The wrong way
And my way, which is like the wrong way but faster.