Grand Vitara Clutch

All tech relating to the Suzuki Vitara that won't relate to any other models, Front IFS etc.
ipbr21054
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Grand Vitara Clutch

Post by ipbr21054 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:08 pm

GV 2000 petrol 54 plate.
Clutch replacement ???

Should the biting point be at the bottom of the pedal travel or at the top to say if the clutch needs replacing.
My pedal travel is 3/4 of the way up from the floor.
My understanding was that if the clutch was due a replacement then the biting point would be down by the floor ?

The 2 reasons i ask are as follows.
Reversing from stand still up a steep hill today i could smell the clutch,never noticed the smell before but then ive never reversed up such a steep hill & probably wont again anyway.

Sometimes when i first get into it in the morning and drive away i thought that i noticed the engine rev slightly when i changed gear as if i didnt quite release the pedal quick enough,looking at the rev counter a couple of times when i remembered the needl did rise when i changed gear.

Any advice welcome.
Grand Vitara,54 plate,2000cc,Manual,5 Door,Air Con,4WD.

HappyHippy86
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Re: Grand Vitara Clutch

Post by HappyHippy86 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:31 pm

Howdy,

You may just need to adjust the cable between the pedal and the gearbox. Ive noticed that a cable clamp is used on the cable to set the point. If you adjust this and its still the same you may need to drop the box and have a look at the clutch unfortunately
Vitara GV1600 '03' S/T
Currently a working progress. Always will be!!!
Updates will follow

:) Need a bigger hammer :)

specky
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by specky » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:35 pm

Hi, I have the same issue to sort, 109k miles so assume it's time to replace. My pedal is close to the floor. No cable so assume best to check for air in the system 1st. If it is a clutch is it worth spending £150 on eBay for a Borg & Beck kit?

My 2nd zuk, 1st one was when I was 18 way back in 1990, was a sj410.

:D

Ginger_boy
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by Ginger_boy » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:46 am

Hi GV clutches are hydraulic. Check the small master cylinder next to the brake servo. I thought mine had loads of fluid in it until I took the lid off and found it was empty and it was a tide mark is was seeing on the outside. Filled it up bleed the system now have a clutch
It' a 4x4 why not drive it across a field