Spay paint in a can

All tech relating to the Suzuki Vitara that won't relate to any other models, Front IFS etc.
Ginger_boy
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Spay paint in a can

Post by Ginger_boy » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:39 pm

imageedit_1_3341566663.jpg
imageedit_1_3341566663.jpg (44.05 KiB) Viewed 3327 times
After looking at my GV Sport soft top I thought I would have a go at touching it up round the edges. The bumper had had a little argument with a blue painted post and I was missing a wheel arch trim. Luckily the exact missing piece cam up on the well-known auction site at a good price, except it was in blue. So I thought start small as I had not done any car spraying in a long time and the results had always been mediocre.
So found a online site "paints4u" which will sell you a touch up spray kit for £25.00 and free delivery comes with a can of primer, body colour and clear lacquer. Well I thought I will give it a go. I can't be more pleased with the results. Website has a good instruction sheet for the application of their products and it seems that you spray the products virtually one after the other with out to much waiting around or flatting down unless you get runs etc.
All that needs to be done is a T cut and polish after 24hrs.

So the bumper will be next I think getting it off the car will be the biggest problem.
It' a 4x4 why not drive it across a field

ROBBIE
I spend far too much time on here
I spend far too much time on here

Re: Spay paint in a can

Post by ROBBIE » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:46 pm

Cant beat rattle cans. I did the whole SJ in them
Sid James gone but never forgotten
Jimny 1.6 not as good as an SJ but still good