Front axle got me worried

Starts at the flywheel, ends at the hubs, any problems along them lines, ask your questions here.
maisey
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Front axle got me worried

Post by maisey » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:33 pm

Decided to investagate the reason i was getting a tinny sound from around the engine bay and came across this . there is a large build up of soft sediment should this be there lol.

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Front axle got me worried

Post by ScottieJ » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:37 pm

Looks like it could do with some new knuckle seals, they are a expensive from Suzuki and impossible to find aftermarket in this country. But you can get them abroad http://stores.ebay.com/mantra4x4
The rusty one looks a tad dry to me, they usually get lubrication from the cv grease, the build up on the.other is prob just grease, crap and the seal itself. The water droplets concern me, was is raining that day or is water getting into the swivel? I would strip them down and check the condition of the cvs.
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

maisey
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Re: Front axle got me worried

Post by maisey » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:06 pm

ScottieJ wrote:Looks like it could do with some new knuckle seals, they are a expensive from Suzuki and impossible to find aftermarket in this country. But you can get them abroad http://stores.ebay.com/mantra4x4
The rusty one looks a tad dry to me, they usually get lubrication from the cv grease, the build up on the.other is prob just grease, crap and the seal itself. The water droplets concern me, was is raining that day or is water getting into the swivel? I would strip them down and check the condition of the cvs.
cheers for the link saved me hours of flapping around. Going to strip down at college this week, there's no vibration or noise while driving but have noticed that there is a knock when parked and turning steering wheel :roll: sure will find theres no grease around one of the cv's and its knocking against the knuckle :argh: