Some sort of roof

fitting new seats? welding up arches? Painting your SJ? post your queries here
Smalljeep
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Some sort of roof

Post by Smalljeep » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:49 pm

I have a soft top samurai, which comes with a soft top which is useless because the back hoop is broken on my anus and since been removed, and some popper things are broken and it was always a fecking nightmare to put on, and being ireland you cant really predict when its a good day to take it back off for good, although now it is off.
Is there any sort of cheap way to cover over the front, the back i can cover with a bit of plywood if needed, the front just seems a more ackward shape, i seen this:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Suzuki-Samurai-Sj ... 600wt_1348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
i like that, just dont like the price.
1991 Suzuki Samurai with 1.6 8v engine
2002 Peugeot 406 HDi 110 Executive

turbo-tom
I spend far too much time on here
I spend far too much time on here

Re: Some sort of roof

Post by turbo-tom » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:32 pm

could you use a bikini top ? think there around about £70 new or get one second hand

there is also this type not sure on how much there are or what there actually called ;) also i dont really like the look of it to be honest :er: :lol:

also i have read before that people use car bonnets etc or the outer skins of roofs :lol:
Tom :)

Ford Fiesta ST :D

Tramp
Suzuki, will you marry me?

Post by Tramp » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:10 pm

turbo-tom wrote: there is also this type not sure on how much there are or what there actually called ;) also i dont really like the look of it to be honest :er: :lol:
I don't think you can get hold of this type 'new' any more, I always quite liked the 2piece fastback,

I have a one piece fast back that I got from http://www.monsoon4x4.com/Suzuki_SJ_Ser ... t_Tops.htm It doesn't need the bar and I kept the back seats in (folded down) in case I needed to take passengers - Although they had to sit outside when I did!!!! I don't have good picture of my fast back but you get the idea, Its like that two piece fast back but in one, you can just roll up the back window without having to take anything off,

Smalljeep wrote:I have a soft top samurai, which comes with a soft top which is useless because the back hoop is broken on my anus and since been removed, and some popper things are broken and it was always a fecking nightmare to put on, and being ireland you cant really predict when its a good day to take it back off for good, although now it is off.
Is there any sort of cheap way to cover over the front, the back i can cover with a bit of plywood if needed, the front just seems a more ackward shape, i seen this:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Suzuki-Samurai-Sj ... 600wt_1348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
i like that, just dont like the price.
That bikini hard top looks spot on for what you need but for that price it is expensive, A lot of people like those bikini hard tops for truck cab conversions and thats why they are in such demand!

Smalljeep
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by Smalljeep » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:28 pm

the bikini top is all i need just a bit cheaper though say £40 is there any about? It is an old banger my anus

Henry
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Post by Henry » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:48 pm

ut your old soft top up... :thumbup:

Smalljeep
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by Smalljeep » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:03 pm

put or cut?
i dont want to cut it, its in reasonably good condition i got it off ebay last year, but only used it a few times its too ackward to put on and off.

Henry
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Post by Henry » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:06 pm

Cut sorry.

Would save you £40 tho :rockin:

Although the bikinis are good, i have one on mine Before this i cut my old one up, it worked well :rockin:

Smalljeep
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by Smalljeep » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:39 pm

i have nothing to cut though :bawling:
could i get a bikini for £40
that sounds strange why is it called bikini :oops:

Tramp

Post by Tramp » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:16 pm

Smalljeep wrote:i have nothing to cut though :bawling:
could i get a bikini for £40
that sounds strange why is it called bikini :oops:
Yeah of course you could get a bikini for £40 I hear primark are quite cheap :brows: Seriously though you might get one on ebay for that but you would have to wait for one to come up and hope that no one else is bidding! On that monsoon link I gave they are new for £60 it might be worth the extra £20? I don't know why its called a bikini, maybe because it only goes around the bumpy bits?

Smalljeep
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by Smalljeep » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:34 am

ah yes i see it.
is that fabric of fibre glass? But i suppose not having to cover the back saves the wasted time.