New <Member Introduction

New to SCUK.co.uk? say hello, give us an idea of who you are, and show us a pic of your pride and joy. were friendly and wont bite!
Tramp
Suzuki, will you marry me?

Re: New <Member Introduction

Post by Tramp » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:59 pm

looks very tidy, i love maruti's (possibly more than the lwb sj as they tend to have no rust!!!) Does it have the 410 dash? I saw loads when i went on holiday to cyprus, I don't blame you not wanting to mod, when I firsts got my sj I wasn't bothered about making it a mud snorting moster, but then the bug bit. All though to me its not about making my sj the best off-roader around, my aim is to keep it looking standard whilst emphasising its Character, and if anything its nice to meet a like minded individual!
Did you have any trouble registering it for uk roads? I think you need to post more pictures!

luke

Porkchop
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Porkchop » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:42 pm

Hi Tramp,

Thanks for the supportive message. The story of getting the vehicle into the UK is quite interesting and getting it on the road is more interesting. The most difficult part though was getting it insured, none of the mainstream insurers have any idea what a Maruti is (its not on their computer system so their brains switch off!), and when you try and explain that it is really a Suzuki SJ410 they say OK but they stopped importing them in 1992. How come your's is manufactured in 1995? We don't have the information to insure a Suzuki SJ410 manufactured in 1995 ...... its not on our computer system! Thank God for a local insurance broker with a bit of common sense and an ability to think without a computer!

Best Regards

John

Tramp

Post by Tramp » Fri May 01, 2009 11:59 am

No worries, here are the maruti's I saw when i was in cyprus...

does yours have the 1litre engine fitted? and the bench type back seats?

i don't have trouble insuring my sj, but i once tried to insure an ariel 3 (trike type moped) and it felt like i was just banging my head up against a brick wall, in the end I gave up because it was just to much hassle

Luke