Temp gauge broke

Got an electrical gremlin? Ask the question here.
ferris
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Re: Temp gauge broke

Post by ferris » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:26 pm

Unfortunately its the male connector on the sender that has snapped off. Only other option would be to buy a new sender.
86 SJ413 tin top, 1.6 8v, SU carb, YJ spring conversion, virtual lift, 33x12.5x15 KL71's, rocklobster, rear discs, power steering.

Henry
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Post by Henry » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:43 pm

Ah i get you now.

They wont be much even if you carnt solder it back.

Henry

Kirkynut
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Kirkynut » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:02 pm

This happened to me on our 410. I tried Intermotor and Motorquip senders and both sent the gauge into the red, so they must have had the wrong resistance values.

I could have tried the main dealers to get the right part, but what I ended up doing was taking the sender out, drilling a small hole alongside the male spade connector on the sender into the plastic around it and screwing a small screw into it so it touched what was left of the spade in the plastic. I then soldered the the wire to the screw.

The screw appears to come out every now and then so my solution to that is to Araldite the beggar on after I've srewed it back in, then it should be OK. It seemes to have stayed in for a while now though.

You never know though, your local motor factors might supply the right one for a 413 first time round, it's just all their books gave the same part for me.

Kirky