Hello from Bridgwater!

New to SCUK.co.uk? say hello, give us an idea of who you are, and show us a pic of your pride and joy. were friendly and wont bite!
ROBBIE
I spend far too much time on here

Re: Hello from Bridgwater!

Post by ROBBIE » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:47 pm

Hi :welcome: looking good
Sid James gone but never forgotten
Jimny 1.6 not as good as an SJ but still good

LantzVantz
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by LantzVantz » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:13 pm

Thanks, As far as I know Twiss, its been in the somerset area for a few years now, and Im the 20th owner of her so she's been around a bit, the slut! She is good though, I always found her to be very capable, normally its the deep water that stops her in her tracks! By far the best and most fun 4x4 Ive had!

It is very tight side to side, it has the mounting locations top and bottom on each side of rad.. Im hoping to modify the original nearside bracket and then create a mount for the slam panel on tother side, more than likely just a basic L shaped bracket to keep it in position, but at present its strapped as far forward as she will go. Ideally a smaller rad/2 bike rads maybe would sit nicely behind the grille out the way, Has anyone used an alternative method of cooling the vit 1.6? Also has anyone had any issues with their fan clipping the 'thermostat -> top of radiator' hose?

Thanks Tom, that write up is good but def not the route Id like to take! Ah yes, difflock, cant knock the information source but Its not what it was when I first stumbled across it!

Thanks for all the replies and the warm welcome!

dan_2k_uk

Post by dan_2k_uk » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:21 pm

There is a little bit in the middle of my build thread on the 1.6 rad with standard fan.

Not much there but shows a dog legged passenger side bracket. the drivers side is just spaced across with a flat plate.

This works with PAS with a collapsed bracket which is also somewhere nearby in the same thread.

http://forum.suzukiclubuk.co.uk/vi ... &start=100

Dan :thumbup:
Janspeed manifold, LWB Vit vented discs and calipers

Build thread -- Build photos -- HLA-Artwork
Coming soon: YJs, Trussed axles, Full float rear.

turbo-tom

Post by turbo-tom » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:26 pm

ive got two brackets welded on to the bottom of the chassis and to top brackets and its solid as a rock im using to electric fans however. also jimny pas box and no rad chopping its tight there though! :D

Tom :)

Ford Fiesta ST :D

LantzVantz
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by LantzVantz » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:44 pm

Thank You Dan,Ive had a quick browse of the link and seen the rad mounting, I must say that is a pimping setup you got in that thread. Proper rude man!Fair play

Thanks Tom, the pic is of much use, Its kind of similar to how I was planning for mine to look in terms of shape and size, although I was imagining the bracket to be bolted up where the horn was.. Im thinking against this now looking at .. tis good to see it there in front of me! Much appreciated guys!

Lantz

turbo-tom

Post by turbo-tom » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:52 pm

you can mount the top brackets wherever really im my own opinion as mine is purely off road its not going to be built to look pretty its built because it works and it has too!
Tom :)

Ford Fiesta ST :D

twiss
SCUK Computer Wizard
SCUK Computer Wizard

Post by twiss » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:53 am

Ive just got a standard 1.3 radiator in mine still cooling my 1.6 16v and Ive got to say it does a cracking job!!!
With the viscous fan removed and replaced with cheapy ebay electric fan (and thermostat switch) it works great

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Electric-Radi ... 2eafe0d3d2
Twiss

'93 Suzuki Samurai Sport 1.6 16v SU. Virtual lift, spring under, 31s
'93 Maruti Gypsy MG410

"If brute force doesn't fix your problem, you aren't using enough of it."

plugspanner
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by plugspanner » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:09 pm

welcome from another somerset suz owner
you must be near taunton road i reckon!!!!!!!!!!!!

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:21 pm

I missed this one! :welcome: to :suzuki: club UK, I'm next door in Wiltshire :thumbup:
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

LantzVantz
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by LantzVantz » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:34 pm

Hi all! Just a quick update on the SJ. I have the rad all mounted in now and have managed to run a standard fan with just enough clearance to the top rad hose. She is ready for the mot now so wen funds allow shell be back on the road, if only for a short time!

Ive recently purchased a tintop rear door with some of the roof on the frame.. im planning to extend my cab back as far as it will allow and have the rear door on struts opening up vertically.. undecided on how to finish off the rear tho, so any ideas etc are warmly recieved! Heres a cuple more pics. Cheerz!
Attachments
20130809_121211.jpg
20130809_121211.jpg (2.09 MiB) Viewed 4972 times
20130809_121219.jpg
20130809_121219.jpg (3.06 MiB) Viewed 4972 times
20130809_121027.jpg
20130809_121027.jpg (2.51 MiB) Viewed 4972 times