Hello

New to SCUK.co.uk? say hello, give us an idea of who you are, and show us a pic of your pride and joy. were friendly and wont bite!
Dubbernut
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Hello

Post by Dubbernut » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:51 pm

Hi all.

Thought id sign up as i might have the chance to get an old SJ that i know off sitting under a sheet hidden behind some garages and will need some tips etc with it resto.
At the mo iv got a V8 Disco with the usual lift and big MT/S but its getting more and more little things going wrong with it so i thought i might try something different, and after seeing what some SJ's can do and look like im hoping to get the one under the sheet.

Matt

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Hello

Post by ScottieJ » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:09 pm

welcome to the forum, you wont be dissapointed with what an sj can do offroad.

watch out for the dreaded in worm on the body though, most common places are around the arches, where the fuel filler pipe goes through the body, sills and behind the front seats in the corners by the body mounts.
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

4eye
SCUK Addict
SCUK Addict

Post by 4eye » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:12 pm

Hi and welcome! Even if it does half a bit of worm its easyly sorted... And may i add well worth it! 8-)

Any info of whats under the sheet...other than its a sj of corse! :oops: :P
ITS NOT LEAKING OIL...........SHE'S MARKIN HER TERRITORY!!!!!!!!

my ride.........:4eye:

+2 lift....grizzley boots is all i need!

Dubbernut
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Dubbernut » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:18 am

4eye wrote:Hi and welcome! Even if it does half a bit of worm its easyly sorted... And may i add well worth it! 8-)

Any info of whats under the sheet...other than its a sj of corse! :oops: :P
Not yet. I work for a housing association and its one of the residents cars that has been parked up and left. I wa doing some work close to it and it was in the way so i had to lift up the sheet to see wat was under there and hay ho it was an SJ. Couldnt have a good look as obviously its someones property but i have the housing officer tracing the owner for me so we can sort something out.

Matt

carnut
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by carnut » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:38 am

hi & welcome fellow,,,,,
you need to grap that truck quick, before someone else does,, they seem to be going up in value evey week!!!.
andy

eddy
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by eddy » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:22 pm

hi from dorset