Caliper wont retract!

Starts at the flywheel, ends at the hubs, any problems along them lines, ask your questions here.
4eye
SCUK Addict
SCUK Addict

Caliper wont retract!

Post by 4eye » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:23 pm

:x Got my new pads today so thought i'd spend ten mins fitting.........this was not the case! :x

Done the drivers side with a bit of persuasion i got the caliper moving and put the pads in. On the passenger its a totally different kettle of fish... It wont budge unless i undo the nipple.......with it undone i can push it all the way in......do up the nipple push the break and the pedals nice and soft.........try pushing it back in and it dont budge!

so i've given up for the night in search of wisdom before i really loose my rag and beat the dam thing with a really big lumpy! Cider time me thinks :x

also to help the situation as i moved the sj i nudged it against my wife's corsa's wing.........leavin a small yet obvious dent!
Not my finest moment at all! :roll:
ITS NOT LEAKING OIL...........SHE'S MARKIN HER TERRITORY!!!!!!!!

my ride.........:4eye:

+2 lift....grizzley boots is all i need!

carnut
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Re: Caliper wont retract!

Post by carnut » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:06 pm

sounds like the flexy hose has collapsed,, used to be a common fault onthe rear flexys on talbots!.. once this happens it acts like a one way valve.. easy way to check, pressuries the brakes, undo the flexy at the calipier, then push the piston back.
andy

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:34 pm

also make sure you are pushiong it back in nice and square. have you looked under the rubber seal??? i wouldnt be suprised if there is a lot of mud in there!
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

4eye
SCUK Addict
SCUK Addict

Post by 4eye » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:59 pm

I won! Dont know how.......did no different from last night :P :lol:

Just waitin for my buddy to help me bleed the breaks and i'll be back on the road! Yippie :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
ITS NOT LEAKING OIL...........SHE'S MARKIN HER TERRITORY!!!!!!!!

my ride.........:4eye:

+2 lift....grizzley boots is all i need!