do not buy these leaf springs from jap4x4

Post your questions about your suspension and steering problems here!
Edweird
Suzuki, will you marry me?
Suzuki, will you marry me?

Re: do not buy these leaf springs from jap4x4

Post by Edweird » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:49 pm

I thought there was some sort of legal thing about products lasting a year without going wrong unless the user was at fault.
There's three ways of doing things:

The right way,
The wrong way
And my way, which is like the wrong way but faster.

windsor
Winching along now
Winching along now

Post by windsor » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:59 pm

Edweird wrote:I thought there was some sort of legal thing about products lasting a year without going wrong unless the user was at fault.
Under the sales of good act all products sold have to be fit for the purpose of use these clearly arnt
And with there being a few woth the same problem you would all have a good case for getting youre miny back
Simples
Go to citazens advise any they will help you put a claim in with small claims court if u al who have had the faulty product do jobs a good en
1994 sj 413 sierra
cheker plate door cards
cd players
asin free wheeling hubs
99% rust free
alloys
bukets
some leaks here and there

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:16 am

To be honest unless one actually fails I'm not sure that you could claim that they aren't 'fit for purpose' yes they are starting to bend in a way they shouldn't however they have not yet failed in a way that they are dangerous, they would probably carry on for a few years as they are.
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

Anton
I spend far too much time on here
I spend far too much time on here

Post by Anton » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:27 pm

Scottie may be right. I would be talking to trading standards though, and having a word with the citizen's advice about a joint small claims court claim.

If you all get together and do a joint claim, it'd be difficult for this guy to defend - leaf springs aren't meant to bend like that. But Scottie raises a good point - unless one actually fails, you might not be able to prove they're "not fit for purpose".

I personally think they're *definitely* not fit for purpose - but I'm not a legal expert, so my personal opinion means nothing.
1985 SJ413VX (SJ50V) with SPOA, rear disc brakes, 31x10.5R15 Kaiman Malatesta tyres, an MOT and a lot left to do!

My: Build thread To-do list Pay and Play map