Suzuki Ignis Engine in a Sammi

Engine not running right? see if we can help you!
Anton
I spend far too much time on here

Re: Suzuki Ignis Engine in a Sammi

Post by Anton » Sun May 26, 2013 4:35 pm

Ladaman wrote:BUY IT!! There has to be more than one of us daft enough to do this!! :hahaha
Someone bought it. Also, I've got nowhere to store it, that's the real problem!

I think what I may do, to bypass some of the problems you've had and simultaniously gain some power, is get an M15a, then get some Mikuni throttlebodies, a PnP megasquirt ECU and make a custom loom.

My hope is 130+ ft/lb of torque. 150 would be seriously awesome.

My problem is that the plan is very spendy, and a long way away! Too much to do! :S
Ladaman wrote:So the solution is to make some packers to go behind where the bolts hold the cover plate to the flywheel, of the same thickness as the step. :rockin:
Hopefully this will work.
When I *do* follow in your footsteps, I think I'll buy a Jimny M series gearbox, an M15, and get them mechanically mated on the floor/engine stand, and tested so I know that all I have to worry about is getting my loom sorted...
1985 SJ413VX (SJ50V) with SPOA, rear disc brakes, 31x10.5R15 Kaiman Malatesta tyres, an MOT and a lot left to do!

My: Build thread To-do list Pay and Play map

murphysj410
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by murphysj410 » Tue May 28, 2013 12:02 am

hi there sorry that iv just came along now but iv been on here a for some time and just reremberd my user name and password as iv be doing this convertion my self a little while back. iv used the ignis flywheel as it lighter than the jimnys with the sammy's/jimny's clutch plate, then for the pressure plate the ignis sport one as far as im aware the clutch plates are the same just with diffrent splines. nice work keep up the good work hope this helps
1996 sj80 , m16a turbo with haltech ecu
1987 sj413 JX
2000 Nissan stagea rs4
1998 nissan primera GT

Ladaman
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Post by Ladaman » Tue May 28, 2013 7:43 pm

Maybe I should have measured the cover plates prior to fitting them. The Ignis and Jimny clutches look identical (except for the spline size) so I presumed they were the same. As I'd bought a new 3 piece Jimny clutch I bobbed it in!!

I think now I have fitted the 2mm spacers under the cover plate bolts I will be okay, but if not I will revert to the Ignis one, or find another cunning plan ;)

The plan to check it when it's fully operational is to try towing my sons Isuzu Trooper. If it can pull that it should be okay.
YouTube
Ignis Sport 1.5 16V; Jimny gearbox, 410 transfer box; 5.125:1 Vitara diffs; rear Lockright, Rob Storr full float rear axle, rear discs, YJ springs, virtual lift, 31" Grizzly Claws, beadlock rims, +50mm LR arches, LED rear lights, LED roof spots, bucket seats, Luke harnesses, internal cage

Ladaman
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Post by Ladaman » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:30 pm

It was a momentous day yesterday. My Sammi moved under its own power for the first time in about 18 months!!! :armsup:

Not far, just backwards and forwards in the garage, but it moved. The transfer box hand brake seems to be ok, so if I can shift some of the other cars I have blocking access to the garage it will be popping out for an MOT, assuming it feels okay on a quick shake down run.
When I get that MOT paper I will be well happy.

I still need to sort the gearbox tunnel and an air filter, but that should be fairly easy.

So just get rid of a 1998 Impreza turbo, and a 2001 Saab 9-3 convertible, and the "boss" will be happy too :lol:
YouTube
Ignis Sport 1.5 16V; Jimny gearbox, 410 transfer box; 5.125:1 Vitara diffs; rear Lockright, Rob Storr full float rear axle, rear discs, YJ springs, virtual lift, 31" Grizzly Claws, beadlock rims, +50mm LR arches, LED rear lights, LED roof spots, bucket seats, Luke harnesses, internal cage

Anton

Post by Anton » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:04 pm

Congratulations! You must be pretty chuffed, mate!
1985 SJ413VX (SJ50V) with SPOA, rear disc brakes, 31x10.5R15 Kaiman Malatesta tyres, an MOT and a lot left to do!

My: Build thread To-do list Pay and Play map

Cyprus Geoff
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by Cyprus Geoff » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:00 pm

Way to go Ladaman!! Good luck with the MOT.

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:10 pm

I feel like we should have a celebration!

Good luck for the MOT bud.
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

Ladaman
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Post by Ladaman » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:48 pm

Anton wrote:Congratulations! You must be pretty chuffed, mate!
Thanks mate, well chuffed.
Cyprus Geoff wrote:Way to go Ladaman!! Good luck with the MOT.
Way to go Idaho!! Thanks Geoff.
Jordi wrote:I feel like we should have a celebration!

Good luck for the MOT bud.
Time to PARTY!!!

MOT certificate in hand :armsup: :armsup: :armsup:

One advisory, slight play in steering system. That's the bushes on the front leaf where the D-Flex is mounted.

One minor issue whilst at the MOT centre though. When the ignition was on a pressurised fuel pipe blew off, squirting fuel EVERYWHERE!!! When my son went to collect it there was fuel and sand ALL OVER the testing area. :hahaha: :hahaha:

A bit of painting needed at some point now.
YouTube

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:55 pm

Bang On!
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

turbo-tom

Post by turbo-tom » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:05 am

:no1: proper job you have grafted there chap :)
Tom :)

Ford Fiesta ST :D