Suzuki Ignis Engine in a Sammi

Engine not running right? see if we can help you!
Cyprus Geoff
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Re: Suzuki Ignis Engine in a Sammi

Post by Cyprus Geoff » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:36 am

Bump :hands:

Cyprus Geoff
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by Cyprus Geoff » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:36 pm

Here is another Oz thread - quite a long one but he is fitting a Baleno too.

http://www.auszookers.com/forum/viewtop ... =4&t=19410

Anton
I spend far too much time on here

Post by Anton » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:43 pm

Cyprus Geoff wrote:Here is another Oz thread - quite a long one but he is fitting a Baleno too.

http://www.auszookers.com/forum/viewtop ... =4&t=19410
That's a G series 1.6 from a Baleno (G16b) - Ladaman isn't fitting a G series, he's got an M series 1.5 (M15a).

The 1.6 swap means more tax (over 1550cc is about 80 quid a year more) which is one of the reasons the M15 swap interests me - that and it's a much more fuel efficient engine, more torque and hp too.

Having said that, I *believe* that the M series engines all share the same block and cylinder liners - so an M13a out of a Jimny will take the crank, pistons and rods out of an M15 or M16, or the cylinder liners, pisons, rods, crank out of an M18 from Aus. So you'd have a 1.3 engine (says so right there on the block, governor!) with the power of the larger engine.

Not suggesting anyone does anything naughty, just pointing out it might be possible... :hahaha:
1985 SJ413VX (SJ50V) with SPOA, rear disc brakes, 31x10.5R15 Kaiman Malatesta tyres, an MOT and a lot left to do!

My: Build thread To-do list Pay and Play map

Cyprus Geoff
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by Cyprus Geoff » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:41 pm

I like your thinking Anton :rockin: :rockin:

Edit:-

1. Sorry for posting the useless link.
2. New thread needed to discuss the "theoretical" possibility of making a 1500 in a 1300 block! Any takers??

Anton

Post by Anton » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:34 pm

Cyprus Geoff wrote: 1. Sorry for posting the useless link.
2. New thread needed to discuss the "theoretical" possibility of making a 1500 in a 1300 block! Any takers??
1. I love a good build thread, so personally it wasn't useless. ;)
2. What, like this?
1985 SJ413VX (SJ50V) with SPOA, rear disc brakes, 31x10.5R15 Kaiman Malatesta tyres, an MOT and a lot left to do!

Cyprus Geoff
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by Cyprus Geoff » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:18 am

Found this last night and thought it may help Ladaman or anyone get a little more ECU info:-

http://rhinopower.activeboard.com/f490190/efi-projects/

Anton

Post by Anton » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:26 pm

Ladaman - found this - the gearbox you have might be geared a bit too low, it's 1:1 in 5th, according to those specs!

Not the end of the world, I know, and probably quite a good thing out in the wild, but it'd make motorway driving a bit more tiring.

Just something to keep in mind, mate!

Edweird
Suzuki, will you marry me?
Suzuki, will you marry me?

Post by Edweird » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:39 pm

Anton wrote:Ladaman - found this - the gearbox you have might be geared a bit too low, it's 1:1 in 5th, according to those specs!

Not the end of the world, I know, and probably quite a good thing out in the wild, but it'd make motorway driving a bit more tiring.

Just something to keep in mind, mate!
Well, that would be the same top end ratio as a 4 speed 410 gearbox. Maybe Rockwatt could do some black magic with a T-box to get you a higher high ratio
There's three ways of doing things:

The right way,
The wrong way
And my way, which is like the wrong way but faster.

Anton

Post by Anton » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:13 pm

Actually, once he's got the 31's on there, I doubt it'll be much different to a standard car - the low gearing might work out well!

Ladaman
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Post by Ladaman » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:25 pm

Yaaayyyy, I'm back on with it!! :guns:

After an eternity, I've finally spent some time back in the garage last night.

A tidy up was needed, and a bit of time to refresh the old grey cells, but some progress was made.
The home made sump looked a little too close for comfort to the front diff' so a corner was cut off and patched. I have now taken the sump to a radiator company to have a run of braze run around all the joints to ensure it's oil tight. I don't want this leaking. I've still got the pickup pipe to "adjust".

I think I will try to get the fuel tank swapped over this weekend to the Ignis one as it has a built in high pressure fuel pump for the fuel injection. Lets see what interesting issues this causes :lol:

Thanks for all the interest, encouraging comments and helpful links to other sites during my absence.

Now its warmed up a bit it's time to crack on!!

Bring on play time.
YouTube
Ignis Sport 1.5 16V; Jimny gearbox, 410 transfer box; 5.125:1 Vitara diffs; rear Lockright, Rob Storr full float rear axle, rear discs, YJ springs, virtual lift, 31" Grizzly Claws, beadlock rims, +50mm LR arches, LED rear lights, LED roof spots, bucket seats, Luke harnesses, internal cage