Hi From New Member

New to SCUK.co.uk? say hello, give us an idea of who you are, and show us a pic of your pride and joy. were friendly and wont bite!
ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Hi From New Member

Post by ScottieJ » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:39 pm

Andrews wrote:Hi scottie could you take a picture of that document we need the original registered vehicles axle weights gross weights and train weights as well as tow weights as guess what it appears the original truck was a swb . Hence these questions and the current nightmare re iva . If you get a moment could you give us a call as the situation is looking bleak and ive got another idea to end this nightmare which might be of interest to you or other forum members if the situation goes bad .
ian and helen :cry:
Well that's another kick in the nuts! I don't understand why an apparently well established "company" would sell a ringer thinking that it's ok.

I didn't get a chance to call you this evening but I will tomorrow in the day. :thumbup: I'm sure we can come up with a plan.

Tbh it might be easier to register it as an import as the Longwheelbase has been built on an import chassis. We'll go through it all on the phone tomorrow as there's a number of possible options hopefully. :thumbup:
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

Andrews
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Andrews » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:32 pm

Thanx scottie , the situation is worse but if you can call hopefully we can work out a solution .
we have over £7250 in this truck. More than half of that has been putting right what wrong in the original build .Granted some £400 of that was on swish extras like bulbar ,transfer box protection etc but the list of new parts is as long as my arm including 90amp alternator , BDA 1700 rally car dual core rad and fan , correct water pump that matches to Cambelt cover enclosure , new OME a2" springs all round , polybushed . New custom made engine mounts and custom made stainless exhaust .
Helen is heartbroken .
please call mate as at our wits end to salvage something from this situation .
Btw sorry to forum members reading this . Suzuki Sjs are light years ahead of most 4x4 , ive had some pretty trick stuff but Helens Sammy just trundles over almost anything , so we apologise if our experience puts any one off.
Helen and Ian :cry:

Anton
I spend far too much time on here

Post by Anton » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:44 pm

Yikes!

I'm sure we can find a chassis for you and get your truck rebuilt with a real lwb chassis. It's work, but you can't throw away that kind of money, and I'm sure a few of us would be more than willing to help rebuild your zuk.

Although if the problems are caused by the guy I think caused them, I'd make sure nothing on the truck bore his name going forward, even if that means welding some things up and grinding them back before a respray of those parts.
1985 SJ413VX (SJ50V) with SPOA, rear disc brakes, 31x10.5R15 Kaiman Malatesta tyres, an MOT and a lot left to do!

My: Build thread To-do list Pay and Play map

Andrews
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Andrews » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:33 pm

Anton , thankyou so much for your offer , don't really know what to say ! .
The situation is now hopeless . Ive contacted the builder and his attitude is he,s done nothing illegal apart from "welding the original chassis number next to the imprinted number on the new Spanish chassis " ?????? and admitting that the vehicle was a swb ????? . The Mot test station its at has refused to test the truck as the chassis number is different than whats on the v5 and did happen to mention that they found the chassis number to the original truck welded to the chassis crudely !!!! Stevie Wonder couldn't fail to miss it !!! . However he insists that he has "Done nothing illegall , untoward or dodgy " and even stated "Go to the DVLA about it and see what happens "" . So now myself and Helen have had to turn our thoughts to damage limitation . If your offer could be made to happen that's what Helen wants absolutely she loves the truck . If not we have to sell her as a whole for someone to use the parts against a legitimate v5 vehicle . This situation is a common one among land rover owners as all of this forum knows . Its such a shame . On the positive side we may be able to offer something back to this forum . I will discuss this with Scottie, as just about anyone (Distance being the only object) could benefit . Particularly those in the southwest . I will talk this through with Scottie and if he likes will post a thread about it .
Thankyou Anton and thankyou to the forum . Sorry for bringing some bad news but Helen and myself hope that a solution can be found :thumbup:

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:59 pm

Arrrrgghhh sorry matey, I was intending on calling you today and then had a hectic day both at work and this evening. I promise I will call you tomorrow.

I think I the best thing to do would be for us to try and find you a replacement chassis, with a legit v5. Would be a real shame for you to have to get rid of the vehicle after all that you have spent on it.

His response about the situation disgusts me! He knows what he has done isn't legal yet he chooses to ignore it.

I'm sure VOSA will be very interested to investigate what he has been doing as it's ringing. Not to mention some of the modifications that I have seen him do are not safe or road legal, I don't know any MOT tester that would pass some of the his mods..welded steering links etc.
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

NylonAdmiral
Winching along now
Winching along now

Post by NylonAdmiral » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:53 am

So sorry to hear about all the problems you've experienced. I've been following this thread and it sounds like the builder has been rather unscrupulous. I'm sure there are two sides to every story but I can't help but think the other side is going to have to be fairly imaginative to answer some of the points you've raised.

As has already been mentioned, I would suggest calling his bluff and going to the DVLA/VOSA, this is the sort of thing they strongly dislike as it essentially results in the misrepresentation of a vehicle's identity.

I also agree with what's being suggested regarding finding a legit chassis and swapping everything over. It's going to be the easiest way of taking all the good bits from your vehicle and ending up with a legit truck. In all honesty, if there is no restorative work needed doing at the same time (such as welding/cutting out rust etc) then you could do this relatively quickly and easily.

The annoying thing about this (apart from the obvious stress and financial problems its causing you) is that it's this kind of stupidity which results in stricter legislation against vehicle modifications, the likes of which is already being debated at an EU level.

Good luck, with finding legit chassis & V5, surely there's one floating around which someone will donate to your cause fairly cheaply?
1.6 16v, Rock Lobster, PAS, Muddyzook rear disc conversion, coated in Raptor, 33in x 10.5, heated seats, lovingly restored by Scottie!

dan_2k_uk

Post by dan_2k_uk » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:13 am

There was a LWB chassis with V5 for sale recently but I can't remember where.
Janspeed manifold, LWB Vit vented discs and calipers

Build thread -- Build photos -- HLA-Artwork
Coming soon: YJs, Trussed axles, Full float rear.

ROBBIE

Post by ROBBIE » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:46 am

Sorry to hear the problems your having. I agree with the idea of getting a new chassis. Im with Anton Id come up and help.

Will contacting the DVLA not also cause you problems??? As in you might lose the truck? Is this his belief, that he knows that it will cost you so you wont go to them?

My family have used this seller for a long time, but I have noticed that his attitude is getting worse, has been for a few years now. Now I know that I will not be recommending or using him again
Sid James gone but never forgotten
Jimny 1.6 not as good as an SJ but still good

Andrews
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Andrews » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:53 pm

Robbie , thankyou for your offer . we might take you up on it . Yourself and Anton had better like red wine or Guiness . However you make a good point about going to the DVLA about the builder . I also think he knows that, and I,m aware of the Dvlas predilection for impounding things :thumbdown: But things have a habit of going round ,and coming round so I,m sure balance will be restored :twisted:
Just got off the phone from having a conversation with Scottie . He has managed to turn the light on at the end of the tunnel with his knowledge and wisdom and Helen has only just stopped crying with tears of relief . Thankyou Scottie I owe you :thumbup:
Now does anybody know someone who has a Lwb samurai with v5 document for sale ?
regards
Helen and Ian :thumbup:

dan_2k_uk

Post by dan_2k_uk » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:25 pm

I will keep an eye out for one.

Presume you are just going to build it all onto a legit chassis then?
Janspeed manifold, LWB Vit vented discs and calipers

Build thread -- Build photos -- HLA-Artwork
Coming soon: YJs, Trussed axles, Full float rear.