Hi From New Member

New to SCUK.co.uk? say hello, give us an idea of who you are, and show us a pic of your pride and joy. were friendly and wont bite!
ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Hi From New Member

Post by ScottieJ » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:34 am

timwilks13 wrote:As its the thought that counts, i would like to express my full desire to be able to come down and help, assuming drinking cider whilst not getting in the way would be classed as helping, but alas the 1250 miles between us does make it slightly more challenging, so ill be there in spirit and mind hoping it all goes to plan!
Hop on a plane and I'll set up the trailer tent outside the workshop for you to stay in :lol:
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

ROBBIE
I spend far too much time on here

Post by ROBBIE » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:52 pm

I to would offer help, but with my bust finger I struggle to use a screwdriver, so would just be in the way
Sid James gone but never forgotten
Jimny 1.6 not as good as an SJ but still good

Andrews
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Andrews » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:05 pm

Hi All , thankyou Andyrew for your offer of help . Thankyou also Scottie Donkeychomp . Just an update .
The Upol Gravitex white Schutz is ordered , I,m picking up the Ep90 and antifreeze Friday .
I,m going to Aldershot Friday morning to underbody wash Helens truck ready for Schutz and load it on a trailer ready for sunday . Will let you know a time soon Scottie . We met scottie for the first time last Saturday , awesome guy with a nice fleet of trucks . Has some interesting friends with some interesting machinery including a particularly nice zzr1100 :thumbup:
Will remove all the recovery gear and response equipment from Helens truck and deliver it as light as possible .
our overriding an immediate impression of this forum and its members is one of huge determination and enthusiasm also of boundless generosity .
The light is bright at the end of the tunnel and for that we are both immensely grateful
Helen and Ian :thumbup:
P.s our friend from Poland look forward to drinking cider with you and kicking tyres :thumbup:
PPs Scottie , we need the reg of your truck to prepare engine swap paperwork for Dvla :thumbup:

Anton

Post by Anton » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:51 am

Andrews wrote:we need the reg of your truck to prepare engine swap paperwork for Dvla :thumbup:
Odd, they didn't bother when I did my engine swap. I just told them I'd swapped a G13a for a G13ba and they were happy with that.

That was 3 or 4 years ago though...
1985 SJ413VX (SJ50V) with SPOA, rear disc brakes, 31x10.5R15 Kaiman Malatesta tyres, an MOT and a lot left to do!

My: Build thread To-do list Pay and Play map

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:56 pm

Anton wrote:
Andrews wrote:we need the reg of your truck to prepare engine swap paperwork for Dvla :thumbup:
Odd, they didn't bother when I did my engine swap. I just told them I'd swapped a G13a for a G13ba and they were happy with that.

That was 3 or 4 years ago though...
If you change capacity and fuel type it's a bit more complicated.

Ian I'll send you the details later.
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

Andrews
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Andrews » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:19 pm

Cheers Scottie , if you txt me with , I,m having a letterhead done about the engine swap details which will satisfy the DVLA
:thumbup:

Anton

Post by Anton » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:30 pm

ScottieJ wrote:If you change capacity and fuel type it's a bit more complicated.
He's running a PSA XUD19 diesel! I completely forgot about that. D'oh!

énorme imbécile! :S
1985 SJ413VX (SJ50V) with SPOA, rear disc brakes, 31x10.5R15 Kaiman Malatesta tyres, an MOT and a lot left to do!

My: Build thread To-do list Pay and Play map

donkeychomp

Post by donkeychomp » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:57 am

Diesel? Oh no please no no no
If it ticks over...leave it

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:14 pm

Been busy last night and this morning

Note to self.... Compensate more for the rear of the Lwb body.....didn't quite get the balance point right :lol: made it interesting getting the body off solo.

Successfully stood it up to save space without squashing myself :thumbup:

And here we have one chassis ready to be cleaned up for a lick of paint.
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

Andrews
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Andrews » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:51 pm

Looking awesome Scottie , see what you mean about tipping points , please don't put Helens lovely shell on its end lol :lol: I guess its also a bit heaviever wil the hardtop on ? But I,m sure you have a trick or technique ? Anyways the chassis looks lovely and the truck will be proceeding up the M4 tomorrow .
And I hope to be coming up the coming weekend to give you a hand if you don't mind ?
Thankyou so much for your help and commitment in this
Ian and Helen :thumbup: