0.6 FLUX CORED WELDING WIRE

Not covered by any of categories below, want a winch or need to buy some recovery gear then your question goes in here!

You will also find online parts catalogues, Service manuals and a other useful info here.
jim tylee
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

0.6 FLUX CORED WELDING WIRE

Post by jim tylee » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:12 pm

Does anybody know where i can get 0.6 flux cored welding wire from........nothing on ebay
Jim

twiss
SCUK Computer Wizard
SCUK Computer Wizard

Re: 0.6 FLUX CORED WELDING WIRE

Post by twiss » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:24 pm

I get it from my local welding shop
Twiss

'93 Suzuki Samurai Sport 1.6 16v SU. Virtual lift, spring under, 31s
'93 Maruti Gypsy MG410

"If brute force doesn't fix your problem, you aren't using enough of it."

Ginger_boy
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by Ginger_boy » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:50 pm

Hi have you had any success with gasless mig welding?
I found that it didn't work very well especially when used outside, couldn't get any real penetration, very erratic weld run and hopeless if there was any rust/paint it would just spark, spit, blow holes,burn back to the tip and then birds nest on the wire feed. I found after many years of welding my various cars and sammi that to have any success with a diy welder mines a Clarke gas/no gas 151EN . I found you :weld: need to ensure that the MIG wire isn't rusty (i leave mine in the house over the winter.) use a argon Co2 mix, I'm luck i use BOC argoshield light borrowed from my work. Changed my steel liner for a teflon liner.
I now only have problems when i have been two lazy to clean up the metal or sometimes when its a awkward place and the line wire doesn't like feeding on a tight bend
It' a 4x4 why not drive it across a field

kiwizook
SCUK Addict
SCUK Addict

Post by kiwizook » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:27 pm

just a tip, if you have trouble with your wire birdnesting in your machine, make sure your roll is clamped on tight enough to not spin on it's own accord, and also make sure the feeder roller has only just enough tension to feed the wire. if you tighten this too much, it will create a birdsnest when the wire jams anywhere. you want it so that the feeder roller just slips on the wire if the wire jams up anywhere down the line
It's not a question of how much you spend on your suzuki, but when your money will run out

i_am_me
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by i_am_me » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:36 pm

weve got the 151en aswell but i run it on gasless 0.8mm wire,also have a different welder which we run on wleding gas thats available from the local calor gas shop.
gasless gives a stronger neater,but the gasless is loads easier on portability and fast set up.
If at First You Don’t Succeed Skydiving Is Not for You