Break from the welding to say hello

New to SCUK.co.uk? say hello, give us an idea of who you are, and show us a pic of your pride and joy. were friendly and wont bite!
Brrok_lands
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Break from the welding to say hello

Post by Brrok_lands » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:19 pm

Hi all

Been lurking for a fair while and thought it was high time to say hello.

Coming to the end of adding most of a 5kg of reel of MIG wire to a Samurai, can't believe how much rust and rot was present in a vehicle with a current MOT. At least the chassis is sound.

Keeping it basically standard only additions have been a poly bush set, power steering and a pair of leather seats out of a Hyundai Coupe.

Most things have been off for a clean and mild refurb as necessary, I think it's had a hard life. The nuts on the front suspension were just about rusted away, never seen anything like it before.

Just the front axle to finish and then hopefully off to Mr MOT man before the winter snow arrives (if it ever does). That is if I can get the damn thing to run properly. Ran fine when I got it but is now running rough to the point of not running at all. Initially thought it could be down to old fuel but it's no better with fresh petrol, but that's for a question in the appropriate section below.

Cheers

Brook

ROBBIE
I spend far too much time on here

Re: Break from the welding to say hello

Post by ROBBIE » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:21 pm

:welcome: to the forum
Sid James gone but never forgotten
Jimny 1.6 not as good as an SJ but still good

Anton

Post by Anton » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:27 pm

Samurais and SJ's do seem to have come to a point in their lives where finding one without lots of tinworm is a rarity. But they're just *so* worth the effort of getting them back to former glory - they're brilliant little tiny trucks!
1985 SJ413VX (SJ50V) with SPOA, rear disc brakes, 31x10.5R15 Kaiman Malatesta tyres, an MOT and a lot left to do!

My: Build thread To-do list Pay and Play map

ferris
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Post by ferris » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:39 pm

:welcome: to the club :thumbup:
86 SJ413 tin top, 1.6 8v, SU carb, YJ spring conversion, virtual lift, 33x12.5x15 KL71's, rocklobster, rear discs, power steering.

Brrok_lands
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Brrok_lands » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:26 pm

Wow what a great welcolme - thanks guys and guyesses!

Must say I'm loving it its really a great little machine to work on, will probably have to sell it when its done but it will be with a heavy heart.

Brook