Sj410 Q Santana Carb Clean - Help

Engine not running right? see if we can help you!
Off Road Warrior
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Sj410 Q Santana Carb Clean - Help

Post by Off Road Warrior » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:35 am

Hi Guys,

I've recently bought my Sj and it needs the Carb taken out and cleaned. I've been scowering the internet and found this description of how to go about it

Remove all five wires that are going into the SJ410 carburettor. These wires are for the throttle, PCV hose, cold choke tube, vacuum and the gas line. The throttle wire can be found near the bottom left of the SJ410 carburettor. Unscrew the four bolts on the bottom of the SJ410 carburettor with the Allen wrench to remove it from the Suzuki.

Remove any plastic on the SJ810 carburettor. Soak the carburettor in a strong cleaning solvent and leave to soak overnight.

Wipe off the solvent with a rag while wearing rubber gloves. A strong cleaning solvent can be dangerous to sensitive skin. Spray a can of compressed air in to each hole of the SJ410 to clear out any particles of dirt left in the carburettor.

Reattach all the bolts and each wire into the carburettor. You should now have a healthy running and clean SJ410 carburettor.
I'm just wondering how accurate this is and whether it's as simple as this makes it sound? If not any guidance on where I could find the info or any threads on here that I may have missed discussing this. I'd appreciate it.

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Sj410 Q Santana Carb Clean - Help

Post by ScottieJ » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:15 pm

There's not much to clean out on an sj410 carb, usually this will be enough.

http://www.suzukiclubuk.co.uk/diy/15-en ... pand-clean
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

Off Road Warrior
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Re: Sj410 Q Santana Carb Clean - Help

Post by Off Road Warrior » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:18 pm

ScottieJ wrote:There's not much to clean out on an sj410 carb, usually this will be enough.

http://www.suzukiclubuk.co.uk/diy/15-en ... pand-clean

Cheers for direction, I'm hoping to get this done this weekend. I'll post on how it's going.