Few bits wrong!

Got an electrical gremlin? Ask the question here.
mic
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Few bits wrong!

Post by mic » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:07 pm

I've stopped at mcdonalds halfway home from picking it up an so far I've noticed that the fag lighter socket doesn't work, the horn doesn't work and the fuel gauge seems off.
And it seems the nearside light isn't very bright.

ferris
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Re: Few bits wrong!

Post by ferris » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:22 pm

That sounds about right, theres always something you forget to check. Should all be pretty simple to sort out though.
86 SJ413 tin top, 1.6 8v, SU carb, YJ spring conversion, virtual lift, 33x12.5x15 KL71's, rocklobster, rear discs, power steering.

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:27 pm

usual suspects then, check the earth and bulb on the nearside light. there is a screw on the back of the horn that you can adjust, try that, or it might be full of sh*t! usually if its the fuse on the horn then it will effect your full beam warning light on the dash from what I have found. The cigarette lighter is on the same circuit as your stereo so if the stereo doesn't work either then check the fuse and earths, if not you've got a dodgy cigarette lighter :mrgreen:

Fuel gauge???? man your lucky you've got one :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

mic
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by mic » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:43 pm

lighting is sorted, blown fuse :roll:
will physically check the horn, i think i have air horns somewhere in the garage but not sure if theyre ok for MOT (read a lenghty debabte about it somewhere)
CD player works fine, ive got a 4 way fag socket thingy which i'll fit under the dash so will leave the original for the image.