Mounting harnesess in pick up cab

Not covered by any of categories below, want a winch or need to buy some recovery gear then your question goes in here!

You will also find online parts catalogues, Service manuals and a other useful info here.
implainlazy
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Mounting harnesess in pick up cab

Post by implainlazy » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:49 pm

Looking to mount harnesess into my sj at some point, along with the pick up conversion. Has anyone managed to mount 4 point harnesess into pick up cabs, without putting the straps through the rear bulkhead?
At the moment, i'm thinking about trying to find a "harness bar", which i could attach across from the top seat belt mounts, run the harnesess over them, and down 90 degrees to the floor mounts. Not sure if that would work or not :|.

Edweird
Suzuki, will you marry me?
Suzuki, will you marry me?

Re: Mounting harnesess in pick up cab

Post by Edweird » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:41 pm

Sounds reasonable. I've seen what you're describing in old rally cars. It's a harness, so it won't matter where it's attatched so long as you can get it tight and it won't go slack.
There's three ways of doing things:

The right way,
The wrong way
And my way, which is like the wrong way but faster.

implainlazy
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Re: Mounting harnesess in pick up cab

Post by implainlazy » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:06 pm

Yeah, I've heard that the angles and stuff have got to be a specific angle, otherwise they can cause spinal damage in a collision =\. to be honest though, if it's over a harness bar, there wouldn't be any downward force on the spine as the harness bar would change the direction of force? (if that makes sense??)