rear winch bumper ideas.

Not covered by any of categories below, want a winch or need to buy some recovery gear then your question goes in here!

You will also find online parts catalogues, Service manuals and a other useful info here.
mk1joe
Winching along now
Winching along now

rear winch bumper ideas.

Post by mk1joe » Tue May 29, 2012 5:36 pm

hello,
i like the idea of making myself a rear winch bumper for my sj, i can mount a winch on my front bumper but i quite like how it looks as it is. first of all is it a good idea to mount one to the back? obviously i wouldn't be able to pull myself foreword to get places but if i was by myself i would be able to get myself out of trouble when i get stuck. i haven't found any ready made ones so i think i will have to sort something out myself. does anyone have any pictures that would help? what is the smallest size/power winch that i could hide inside a bumper or is it a good idea to fit one behind my rear seat? and finaly does anyone have a old/cheap winch that they can sell me? or recommend somewhere that supply cheaper ones?
thanks for the help
joe

mk1joe
Winching along now
Winching along now

Re: rear winch bumper ideas.

Post by mk1joe » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:59 am

ive taken some inspiration from this anus,
http://www.jk-forum.com/modified-jk-tec ... per-38027/
where the winch is mounted on the underside to the chassis and the cable just fed through the bumper. i remember this website having some technical information of the sj410 and 413 side by side, and also some half cut diagrams of the whole car, do we still have these?