Snorkel Advice

Not covered by any of categories below, want a winch or need to buy some recovery gear then your question goes in here!

You will also find online parts catalogues, Service manuals and a other useful info here.
Gardiner
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Snorkel Advice

Post by Gardiner » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:55 am

I have decided to go the SU route and I will be making/buying a snorkel I have no Air Filter housing of any sort.So I will need to fit in the Air intake some filtering of some sorts.

1600 8 V SJ

Any Thoughts on sizes and or pics.

Cheers

palmer
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Re: Snorkel Advice

Post by palmer » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:03 am

I just run the snorkle straight from my aisian carb on my 1.3 with no filter with no probs :smokin:
1.3 engine
Webber carb
Roll cage
Spoa
32 mm wheelspacers
Extended brake lines
31" Bronco Grizzerly Claws

MONSTER ENERGY DISCO KILLER!!

dunnin21
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by dunnin21 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:46 am

I would use a inline aftermarket filter you can pick them up on eBay. I didn't use any on my sammy and I think that's what helped kill the engine

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:24 pm

palmer wrote:I just run the snorkle straight from my aisian carb on my 1.3 with no filter with no probs :smokin:
Trust me fit a filter! You are probably doing more damage to your engine that you imagine, all those fine bits of dust you cant see being sucked in through your carb and engine!

You can get in line sealed filters on ebay etc. or just find an original sj air box and filter and seal it up and plumb it in.

or you can just run a one filter on the top of the snorkel but that isn't ideal if you do a lot of road driving in the rain.
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

turbo-tom
I spend far too much time on here
I spend far too much time on here

Post by turbo-tom » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:29 pm

i would get a filter , personally i wouldnt run a engine with a air filter because thats just me when i clean out my air box im always finding bits of twig dirt grit alsorts :lol:
Tom :)

Ford Fiesta ST :D

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:38 pm

I've got an SU carb and i've just got my price list back off Rockwatt for some bits.

His SU air box adapter is £28 plus postage. Easiest and my plan, is buy one and get some flexi pipe on it through the engine bay. Most likely 50mm tubing up the window pillar and a k&n style filter on top. You can get similar filters on ebay for peanuts. Then my good old favourite, upturned plant pot on top.

Thats one of my mods for early next year.

Rockwatts just moved workshop and is still getting set up, so a possible little wait if you wanted his adapter.

Cheers
Jordi
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:41 pm

Take a wee look. Everything you need for SU conversion, nearly.

Manifold is £110 i think, but he needs your manifold.

http://forum.suzukiclubuk.co.uk/vi ... 13/t,5642/

Jordi
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

palmer
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by palmer » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:53 pm

ScottieJ wrote:
palmer wrote:I just run the snorkle straight from my aisian carb on my 1.3 with no filter with no probs :smokin:
Trust me fit a filter! You are probably doing more damage to your engine that you imagine, all those fine bits of dust you cant see being sucked in through your carb and engine!

You can get in line sealed filters on ebay etc. or just find an original sj air box and filter and seal it up and plumb it in.

or you can just run a one filter on the top of the snorkel but that isn't ideal if you do a lot of road driving in the rain.
Dont i look like a pratt now :oops: right another job to do, air filter cheers guys.
1.3 engine
Webber carb
Roll cage
Spoa
32 mm wheelspacers
Extended brake lines
31" Bronco Grizzerly Claws

MONSTER ENERGY DISCO KILLER!!