Hi from South Wales

New to SCUK.co.uk? say hello, give us an idea of who you are, and show us a pic of your pride and joy. were friendly and wont bite!
Heisenberg
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Hi from South Wales

Post by Heisenberg » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:08 am

Hi there,
Just a quick introduction as i don't have a great deal of knowledge and only 12 months of riding experience, however in those 12 months have learned the basic but essential maintenance such as changing oil and filter, chain adjustment, cleaning and lubrication of chain etc. That's one of the things i prefer about bikes over cars is how much simpler everything is to work on, although if i'm honest i do miss not having a car in this fantastic British winter weather, lol. Live near Bridgend(South Wales) and currently have a Suzuki Van Van which, don't get me wrong is a great bike but just not for me, i prefer cruisers. Was out last week and saw for the first time in the flesh a GZ Marauder, had a sit on it and just fell in love so will hopefully be able to sell my Van Van to help fund getting a Marauder.
Hopefully be able to gain lots of knowledge reading through the posts on here as well as nosing at pics of everyone else's rides. Cheers and ride safe :)
Here is a picture of my current ride:
my vanvan.jpg
my vanvan.jpg (172.02 KiB) Viewed 8428 times

Anton
I spend far too much time on here

Re: Hi from South Wales

Post by Anton » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:12 am

:welcome2:

I kinda like van vans. Not really much of a bike guy (only ever got as far as compulsory basic training) but I do like bikes, and we have a few bike fans on here.
1985 SJ413VX (SJ50V) with SPOA, rear disc brakes, 31x10.5R15 Kaiman Malatesta tyres, an MOT and a lot left to do!

My: Build thread To-do list Pay and Play map

Heisenberg
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Heisenberg » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:25 am

Smeg! I'm so sorry, thought this was a bike forum, failed to notice the huge 'Home of the Suzuki 4x4' in big letters at the top of the page, D'oh!

Anton

Post by Anton » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:33 am

Don't worry, plenty of bike nuts here too. ;)
1985 SJ413VX (SJ50V) with SPOA, rear disc brakes, 31x10.5R15 Kaiman Malatesta tyres, an MOT and a lot left to do!

Ju
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by Ju » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:07 am

Well now that you have joined SCUK it is a good reason to buy a Suzuki 4X4

Edweird
Suzuki, will you marry me?
Suzuki, will you marry me?

Post by Edweird » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:23 pm

I don't claim to know anything about bikes, but I've seen Van vans before and can't help but want one.
There's three ways of doing things:

The right way,
The wrong way
And my way, which is like the wrong way but faster.

Heisenberg
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Heisenberg » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:24 pm

Ju wrote:Well now that you have joined SCUK it is a good reason to buy a Suzuki 4X4
You know, the more i am looking through this forum, the more tempted i am getting, can use it for getting back and fourth to work during the week (and not have to worry about coming off when its icy or spending close to £20 a day on public transport if its too bad to ride) and have some fun during the weekends with it as well.

Anton

Post by Anton » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:16 pm

Nice one!

There are a few Suzuki's to choose from, what catches your eye?

Personally, I think the Samurai is the best offroader, the LJ being a close second (although it looks cooler, but it's £££). The Jimny is as good, but more civilised, although a little easier to break.

The Vitara is the cheapest way to get into Suzuki offroading usually, fairly civilised, capable offroad (although not quite up to SJ/Samurai or LJ or Jimny standards). Then there's the Grand Vitara if you need something bigger.

Martin86
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by Martin86 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:01 am

Nice Van Van 8-) I Prefer these tho

Rodden87
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by Rodden87 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:10 am

When the suns out its bike o'clock but when it's raining the 4x4 comes out
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (106.88 KiB) Viewed 8360 times
W reg jimny, 31" trekker on 15x8 mods, ora 4.5 lift, poly bushed, pro-comp shocks, braided brake lines, sj 410 transfer box with 6.5.1 tg gears, KAP stainless exhaust, custom snorkel and extended arches!