Well it is a Suzuki.

Got an vehicle build underway? post up pictures and tell us all how its going!

Builds threads only please.
Henry
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Well it is a Suzuki.

Post by Henry » Mon May 24, 2010 12:14 pm

So the story begins..

About 6 years ago my step brother bought a Suzuki lt250. Its a 2 stroke manual box and the engine was knackered. The piston had split, knackered the bore ect ect.

The chassis was ok, needed a respray
Seat - needed recovering
Steering - lots of play in the shaft
Brakes - all ok
Suspension - all good, gas shock needed tweeking on the rear and some new bushes needing making for the front.

So this was how he got it, and then he forgot about it.

Saturday afternoon... i was rooting in his workshop for a part for another one of our projects (i will post details up when its done :twisted: ) and found the frame sitting in primer.
So we started to get back into it. Sprayed the chassis and the suspension components. Washed of all the other major parts (still need to find the rear axle) :| :roll:

I spent a few hours making some bushes for the suspension. Ended up getting a bolt and drilling it down the middle to for a bush...keeping the bloody thing square... what a ball ache :twisted:

Engine has gone to be rebuilt as we couldnt get our hear around the power valve thing :!: :?:

This is what it should look like..

And what we have done (so far)

Henry

Tramp
Suzuki, will you marry me?
Suzuki, will you marry me?

Re: Well it is a Suzuki.

Post by Tramp » Mon May 24, 2010 1:06 pm

great, I love quads, as i child I asked father christmas to bring me one every year, but he never did.....

My brother-in-law's missus has a bit of laand with some horses, sometimes me and mrs tramp visit them and i get to play on their quad, Its great,

Henry
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Post by Henry » Mon May 24, 2010 2:06 pm

:twisted:

We have 3 farm quads for work, but nothing like this... its meant to be quick... saying that all our farm quads are limited at 50 :evil: :roll: :P

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:50 pm

hows the quad coming along then?? :mrgreen:
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

Henry
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Post by Henry » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:30 pm

This is sort of side lined. We started in the summer, then things happen such as combining bailing silage tractor pulling projects ect, the workshop that is pictured was needed to be used for other things. (the farm has 2 workshops)

So we moved all the stuff into the other workshop, and funnily enough havent been in there since. The plan was to build the panda in this other workshop, but all the welders ect are in the new one, but we will probably transfer the panda into this workshop and sort something out with the quad.

As far as i know we still havent received the engine, will have to go and knock on his door....
:evil: