Project KJA

Got an vehicle build underway? post up pictures and tell us all how its going!

Builds threads only please.
justaddmud
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Re: Project KJA

Post by justaddmud » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:40 pm

rear pannel is 1135mm by 280mm, top rail bit is 30 accross and 25 down (just the top square bit)

side pannel is 1155mm by 280mm same top rail bit

these measurements might not be the best, there was several layers of paint and waxoil and other stuff that mad the reading a bit varied, but it should give you an idea of how it works, pictures too

Ian

ianedwards
SCUK Addict
SCUK Addict

Post by ianedwards » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:07 pm

Nice one, spot on, I can make some thing that looks similar, but how I want it, if you know what I mean. I cornered the milkman the other day and had a look at his Suzuki carry pickup. Cheers for doing that, it's great.

Cheers Ian

ianedwards
SCUK Addict
SCUK Addict

Post by ianedwards » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:29 pm

Not much going on at the moment. Haven't got the time to spray it all at once so I'm going through all the bits and bobs cleaning and painting, drive shafts, steering box and bits and bobs like that, cleaning up a winch my dads donated to the cause off his disco , which is going under the back. Plus trying to figure out how to mount it and wire it up. Got to get the rest sorted first before I can think about buying a front winch and building a bumper for it. Oh poly bushes ordered for suspension and new shackles made, also found a guy to make me some new body bushes.

Cheers Ian

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:54 pm

I'm pretty certain the carry pick up beds are exactly the same apart from the length, could be a good candidate for a new rear tub. Even the panel under the tailgate with the lights in looks similar, there's one at the end of my street ill get some comparison pics.
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

ianedwards
SCUK Addict
SCUK Addict

Post by ianedwards » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:42 pm

Yea they look very similar, that's probably a while off yet lol, on a lighter note I have acquired a set of tidy doors to go on, picking them up tomorrow. Hopefully won't have to do much to them but get stickers off and strip down and spray. But they are all there as mine are missing rubbers, handles all sorts.

Cheers Ian

ianedwards
SCUK Addict
SCUK Addict

Post by ianedwards » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:52 pm

Ok feel like a pleb now, picked the doors up today, had a look at them up there in really good nick, check the window winder was ok on one door, didn't check the other. Got them back, had a good look and the door I didn't check hadn't got any glass in it. Such an idiot lol

Cheers Ian

justaddmud
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by justaddmud » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:27 pm

Dohh!!!

Still a glass is a lot easier to get hold of over a straight rot free door

ianedwards
SCUK Addict
SCUK Addict

Post by ianedwards » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:54 am

yea, they are in good nick. ive got to strip them for spraying and change the locks so ill use the glass out the original door, and maby keep the originals by to make some half doors for the next project. :brows: poly bushes have come, so i can do all the springs now. :D

Ian
Cheers

Ian. :)

1987 Suzuki SJ413 KJA - Fixed + Modified in my own way

justaddmud
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by justaddmud » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:32 pm

What poly's did you go for? was it the orange bits4vits ones

Be interested to know what they are like, need to do the rears on mine at some point

ianedwards
SCUK Addict
SCUK Addict

Post by ianedwards » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:50 pm

That a good question, my old mn ordered them off eBay, they are orange with steel inserts. I think they where £56 in total including postage. I can have a look to see who the seller was if you want. They seem quite good quality tho compared to other poly bushes I've handled in the past. I won't know until I try and fit them. Hopefully shouldn't be to long until I can start on the chassis tho.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner