santana/samurai leafsprings and propshafts

Starts at the flywheel, ends at the hubs, any problems along them lines, ask your questions here.
tommy
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

santana/samurai leafsprings and propshafts

Post by tommy » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:55 am

hello once again, we have a santana sj410 van and have bought a sj410 samurai , i now know that the santana is shorter than the samurai but i would like to know what parts will go straight on ie propshafts/leafsprings etc, because , as we go off roading its good to know what parts we have at hand and can use ? is most of the macanical parts the same?

Tramp
Suzuki, will you marry me?

Re: santana/samurai leafsprings and propshafts

Post by Tramp » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:35 pm

tommy wrote:a sj410 samurai ,
hate to tell you mate, no such thing as a 410 samaurai!

there are several different versions

410 'santana' = 1ltr engine
410 =1ltr engine
413 'santana' = 1298cc engine
413 = 1298cc engine
Samaurai = 1302cc engine

santana is just a name for those sj's made in the spanish plant, you can tell becuase on the vin plate it will have vse before the number meaning spanish (if its not spanish it will be japanese)

as for swaps, most bits are interchangeable, bar engine parts between the 1 litre and the 1.3,
the 410 t box is slightly lower geared, early 410's have skinny propshafts, some 410's have 5 speed gear boxs and some have 4 speed, 413's have stronger diffs than the 410s with bigger halfshafts, early 410's have drum brakes on the front, and no 410's have servo assisted braking And as for rear handbrakes, 410's have a drum brake on the prop shaft, as do some 413's, wheras samauri's have a cable to each rear drum,

finally a samauri has wider axles, with perchs that are out board of the chassis they aslo have a higher ratio gearbox (with 5th gear beign significantly higher as an overdrive) Late samaurais have efi (injection)

hope ive helped
Luke

Henry
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Post by Henry » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:18 pm

Not a lot is inter-changabale in-between the sammy and 410.

The sammy axles are wider and have a different diff ratio, 410 prop shafts are longer and then gear box and engine completely different.

All body pannels, springs, and T box are interchangable (410 box is lower geared than sammy)

bourneyo
The Boss
The Boss

Post by bourneyo » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:52 pm

I thought the props were all the same length?

Dan 8-)
http://www.suzukiclubuk.co.uk the new home for your suzuki sj

Tramp

Post by Tramp » Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:37 pm

henry-the-hoover wrote:
The sammy axles are wider and have a different diff ratio, 410 prop shafts are longer
Also some 410 propshafts have differently drilled prop ends, so it may not match upto your axle flange/ tbox flange, although these can be redrilled to suit

Luke

tommy
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by tommy » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:00 pm

hello i am somewhat confused now as i have bought a samurai sj410 and my mate has a samauri 410 both with a 1000cc engine and the log book reflects to this please help thanks

Henry
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Post by Henry » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:01 pm

It carnt be a samuari 410.

The samuari was a a totaly different model with the wider axles, ARB, samuari on the dash, handbrake on the rear drums..

Tramp

Post by Tramp » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:11 am

410 has the vertical slats on the grill, the side indicators near the front of the wing and the bonnent has no 'bulge' with the suzki emblem on the front

samaurai has plastic edging along cill's, plastic gaurds on the front wing (where the indicators are on the 410) and the grill is plastic with horizontal slats also the bonnet has a raised section in the middle

later injection samaurai's have this quaterted type grill with a s in the middle

if you put some pictures up we might be able to help i.d. what you have, but id have thought if it has a 1ltr engine you have a 410,

finally
410 type dash board

samurai type dash

Luke