carb trouble

Engine not running right? see if we can help you!
jutwit
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

carb trouble

Post by jutwit » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:30 am

hi guys, my samurai passed its mot yesterday 8-) so went straight out on a local bit of waste ground, all was well untill i went up a short steep hill, and she cut out when i gotto the top, when i started her she was running a bit rough for 30 secs then was fine again, she did this every time i went up or down that hill. im guessing its the suzuki carb? so im thinking of putting a su carb on, but will any su carb be ok or will i have to get a certain one? or are all su carbs the same whichever car they come off?

dan_2k_uk
I spend far too much time on here
I spend far too much time on here

Re: carb trouble

Post by dan_2k_uk » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:39 am

if its a 1.3 you will need a hif 44 most commonly fitted to a metro. You will also need to get or make a 90 degree adapter or a modified inlet manifold as the standard carb is downdraft and su's are through draft. I think there might be a guide in the diy section.

I cant remember which needle the carb needs in it but that can be changed easily anyway.

I made an adapter out of some scaffold tube and some steel plate i had lying about.
Janspeed manifold, LWB Vit vented discs and calipers

Build thread -- Build photos -- HLA-Artwork
Coming soon: YJs, Trussed axles, Full float rear.

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:59 am

As Dan said fitting an SU is pretty much the only way to get around that as it's pretty commom for sammy/413 carbs to not like angles!
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

jutwit
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by jutwit » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:49 pm

cheers guys, :mrgreen: