410 vs 413

Anything Suzuki related, but not technical, it goes here!
mic
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

410 vs 413

Post by mic » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:02 pm

is there much difference in them?? id be using it mainly for road use. theres a few nice 410s for sale

Tramp
Suzuki, will you marry me?
Suzuki, will you marry me?

Re: 410 vs 413

Post by Tramp » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:30 pm

me and my friend have sj's I have the samurai he has a 410

when i went looking for an sj I went looking to get the best condition one I could get, with the least amount of rust, I settled for a samurai, the samurai has the 1.3 engine and the 5 speed gear box, my
friendss 410 is the 1litre engine with the 4 speed gear box, top speed wise, my samurai was slightly quicker, I then put mud tyres on and found it was slightly slower!

Personally if i was looking to buy another SJ I would pick a 410, I find the engine so much revier and 'free-er' wheras the 1.3 engine is a bit of a plodder, it doesn't rev as high and its power isn't as high up in the rev range, I find the 410 nicer to drive generally and off road the main advantage of the sj is its light weight and how it bounces up obsticles with a run up! with larger 4x4's they just plod along, and i think the 410 engine is better suited, neither 410 nor 413 will win any races, the fuel consumption is about the same and one important thing to consider is some 410's have only drum brakes and most 410's don't have servo assisted braking,

Final thing to consider, I wanted a soft top for novelty factor, but truth be know i take the soft top off half a dozen times a year at most, The soft top makes it a target for light fingered youths and when you travel on the motorway its extremly noisy, I would rather have had a hardtop although they are harder to find now,

so to summerise, If i was buying an SJ again I'd buy a 410 van, and i would probably go for the 4 speed gear box for novelty, the 5 speed box doesn't make much difference to the top speed

Luke

zukky1972
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Re: 410 vs 413

Post by zukky1972 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:39 am

hi i have a samuai 416 conversion with twin choke webber it has an 8v vitara engine and will go almost anywhere in second gear
i have noticed a few probs when off road i.e it needs a fuel pump due to the starvation problem when going vertical
and if you was going to buy a truck for off roading stay away from shackles they are crap
as for tyres i have insa turbo saharas 235/75/15 on off set rims which are great off road and still civilized on road
there are so many choices out there if you look hard enough but be aware of the tin worm
i have a spare sammi which i was going to strip for spares but now im going to either put cvh rs turbo lump in it or a 2.0 pinto
just for the fun factor
i bought mine off ebay for £750 with full service history and as you see it mostly
Attachments
cocking her wheel.jpg
cocking her wheel.jpg (89.14 KiB) Viewed 4230 times
in the mud1.jpg
in the mud1.jpg (121.11 KiB) Viewed 4230 times
sideways.jpg
sideways.jpg (94.97 KiB) Viewed 4230 times