The Story Of A Vit.

Got an vehicle build underway? post up pictures and tell us all how its going!

Builds threads only please.
r-nottz
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Re: The Story Of A Vit.

Post by r-nottz » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:37 pm

Thanks man, and yeah i will, but I'm afraid he might be a better driver than me!

r-nottz
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by r-nottz » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:02 am

Been a while!

I won a winch on Ebay for pretty damm cheap and local to me last week, its not a superwinch or anything like that but its a strong one and came with everything, fairlead, remote etc and it works!

Also got some slighty higher rated springs for the front to take the extra weight.

r-nottz
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by r-nottz » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:07 pm

So the vitara is finally going in for welding tomorrow, I give up waiting on father in law to do it so got a local mobile welder too look at it.

He let me down today after I spent about 2 hours last night clearing space in my garage and prepping as much as I possibly could for him so balls to him.

I've been iffing and ahhing about doing the patches myself for months but time and electric is a issue, its only 4 patches and a 2inch strip along the tailgate shut but Id rather someone else benefited from some cash, if I took a day off work and done it myself I'd probably loose more than i would if I payed.

A good friend of mine who does a lot of the things i don't have the tools / patience/ skills for and who is doing my box section sills said he will do it, he offered to do the patches in the first place but I just didn't want to give him a shi7 job to do.

So he's picking it up tomorrow and getting down his garage to do some welding yay!

Trucks all ready to go, its all emptyed out and I've took the lift kit off because I'm in the mood to paint the springs haha!

r-nottz
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by r-nottz » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:51 am

Sills been cut out

Got some dirt cheap 3x4 imch box section to put In its place

Anton
I spend far too much time on here

Post by Anton » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:00 pm

I'm loving this, especially the fact that you're doing it methodically (compared to me at least!) and properly. You're going to have a really sorted truck that'll last years when you're "done".

I put that word in quotes because these things are never truly finished, there's always "one last job"...
1985 SJ413VX (SJ50V) with SPOA, rear disc brakes, 31x10.5R15 Kaiman Malatesta tyres, an MOT and a lot left to do!

My: Build thread To-do list Pay and Play map

r-nottz
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by r-nottz » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:10 pm

Kind words mate thanks!

In.my head I wanted something that I can take offroad and not worry about in a way that I think dam I should of done that or whatever

I smashed many of sills in on Vitaras, I've been there getting annoyed at some silly bit of rust that I knew I should get done, I've smashed into things and thought hmm I should of had something to bash it out the way and I've walked 8 miles home after getting stuck haha.

I guess you can say I learnt the hard way!

It made sense to me to get this one as best as I could while I think about it otherwise ill never get it done!

Obviously it'll never be finished but as long as I can make it so it withstands the general Suzuki related things I can concentrate on everything else!

Anton

Post by Anton » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:43 pm

I know what you mean, I've got a bunch of stuff I want to do to my SJ to make it "bulletproof" offroad. Basically make it so that no matter how abusive my right foot is, it survives me.

You still thinking of going steel diff?
1985 SJ413VX (SJ50V) with SPOA, rear disc brakes, 31x10.5R15 Kaiman Malatesta tyres, an MOT and a lot left to do!

r-nottz
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by r-nottz » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:45 am

We think alike my friend!

And yeah I'm on the hunt for one, but nothing is showing itself!!!

Anton

Post by Anton » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:50 pm

If you can't find the steel diff, then I believe a brace can strengthen your ali diff: http://www2.izook.com/?page_id=308

I don't have a vit though, so perhaps I'm talking out of my rear!

r-nottz
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by r-nottz » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:03 pm

No your right on that one mate!

I'll definitely look into that as a plan B, there's a few diffs floating about but then I got to find someone local to swap the internals for me, I dont mind having a go myself but I dont want to mess things up!