Suzuki LJ

A place to advertise all vehicles for sale
Butler
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Suzuki LJ

Post by Butler » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:14 pm

Thinking of selling my LJ as it doesn't get used like it used to and Id like to see it being used again!

Its very modified to make it more reliable, comfortable and superior off road.. But without modifying the shell too much. As we know these are getting very rare now a days.

It gets a lot of interest where ever I go and it turns a lot of heads.

I can make a list of mods for someone if interested, these include vitara 1.6 engine with Sj gearbox & transfer box, spring over axle and shackle reverse at the front, coil conversion on the rear, 2' body lift, 33' tyres (without rubbing), uprated shocks, vitara axles etc

It is by no means mint condition and has some surface rust coming through in a few places but is not rotten like a lot of these you see now days. It had all the rust cut out a couple years ago, at the same time as all the mods where done. It was also painted brown at this time, the original colour was red which can be seen in a few places.

I have taken a few pictures of the usual places they rot and the worse places on my LJ.
The sills and floors etc are all solid.

This car will not let you down, it's never let me down and Iv not been stuck anywhere in it! It's great off road and also very comfortable. So much better than my previous Sj.

It will be Mot'd prior to sale

I have spares that can go with if I get what I'm after

£2500 ono
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Butler
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Re: Suzuki LJ

Post by Butler » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:51 am

I forgot to put in the add that for £2500 you get the 33" at's you see in the pics plus a set of 33" simex mud tyres on 15x10 rims. So 2 full sets plus you can take whatever spares I have transferbox few props etc

Anton
I spend far too much time on here

Post by Anton » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:58 pm

Would you consider selling the mud tyres and rims separately?
1985 SJ413VX (SJ50V) with SPOA, rear disc brakes, 31x10.5R15 Kaiman Malatesta tyres, an MOT and a lot left to do!

My: Build thread To-do list Pay and Play map

Butler
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Butler » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:38 am

If I sell the lj without them but I'd rather sell it all together.. I can't believe no one has come at me with a sensible offer.. It's open to negotiation.

andyrew
SCUK is my life
SCUK is my life

Post by andyrew » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:24 pm

EBay may be better place to sell it as it has a larger market.
Also most people on here also have a zook already so
Unless it's a complete bargain it may not get a lot of interest here.

2.5k is a lot of money for a zook in anyone's eyes.
So maybe worth selling your simex's separate
And lowering the price of the vehicle that way you may still
Get near your 2.5k price.

Good luck with the sale.
Andys Rusty Suzuki Emporium

Tramp
Suzuki, will you marry me?
Suzuki, will you marry me?

Post by Tramp » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:09 pm

I agree with Andy, you will defiantly sell it on eBay. I really like it (I've always liked LJ's) but what puts me off is the modifications ( I like standard) and especially the coiled spring rear, obviously the chassis has been altered to accommodate the springs and the radius arm - I know lots of people do it and it probably would be fine, but it would worry me, and I wouldn't want to take it for an IVA test,

Butler
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Butler » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:42 pm

Yeah I know what you me a about the mods but there's nothing that can't be undone if you really wanted it to be. It passes MOT no problems and I certainly wouldn't worry about it.. It's had it's fair share of abuse! With no issues!
The guy who built it has done many with no issues, its been to France on a few occasions to play sites, it's been driven there and back.. No problems what so ever. It has so much grip and at the same time is so comfy.. No bouncing around at all like my Sj did!

donkeychomp

Post by donkeychomp » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:01 am

I know what you're going through. I had 2 LJ's. One was mint and just would not sell. The other is almost a replica of yours but it's my daily drive and there is no way I would ever sell it. The problem is there are so few left on the roads that most people have no idea what they are. Often get asked if mine is an SJ. Or 'how much?'. I ended up selling my minter to a a friend who deals in classic cars...cash and a bonkers fast Mini which I sold on and I made a nice profit out of it all but I got lucky. He sadly didn't and the LJ was exported for a paltry £3500. He made a big loss on the deal as he (and I) thought it would go for £5K+. Have you thought about ebay? Might get lucky there.
If it ticks over...leave it

andyrew
SCUK is my life
SCUK is my life

Post by andyrew » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:51 pm

Tramp wrote:I agree with Andy, you will defiantly sell it on eBay. I really like it (I've always liked LJ's) but what puts me off is the modifications ( I like standard) and especially the coiled spring rear, obviously the chassis has been altered to accommodate the springs and the radius arm - I know lots of people do it and it probably would be fine, but it would worry me, and I wouldn't want to take it for an IVA test,
This is exactly my thoughts on this. There's quite a bit of talk going
On on other forums. As it seems quite a few people have been receiving letters from vosa to bring their vehicles in for inspection.
Quite a few seem to have been vehicle's featured in magazines.
Andys Rusty Suzuki Emporium

robbie1985
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by robbie1985 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:08 pm

I would love one of these but with twins on the way I have no chance of talking the wife into it.

eBay is always a good idea but you always run the risk of a no show auction winner, if you do eBay I'd put in on for a classified ad as they they cost less then the 10% sale price fee.